Carrot (Daucus carota) has always been one of my favorite root vegetables. Maintaining a good carrot juice diet as we all know is essential for good health. it helps to boost our eyesight and body immune system, fight against disease and give us that perfect health. Natural carotene present in these vegetable brightens our skin complexion naturally leaving us with smooth and soft skin.
Fresh carrots are very succulent and sweet; to keep it fresh it should not be under heat or scorching sun. Various dishes and drinks are made using carrot; it has an attractive color, and it is being used in preparing continental and intercontinental dishes. In Nigeria, it often used in decorating our Jollof rice and serve as a juice drink.
Carrot comes in various colors such as red, orange, purple, and white. All with its various health benefits, purple carrot are very nutritious more fresh and provide twice all essential vitamins. I have always received compliment having nice skin, acne and blemish free. All thanks to my daily consumption of this carrot drink. Try carrot juices or smoothie and smile back at your eye, skin, and body whenever you look at the mirror.
- Carrot juice is a good source of antioxidants, vitamin k, fiber, potassium, and beta-carotene.
- It is low in protein and fat
- Carrot has low carbohydrate and water content
- Raw carrot juice contains calories and good digestive carbs
Carrot Juice Health Benefits
- Eye vision: A diet low in vitamin A will certainly make you suffer from night blindness. The vitamin A in carrot lowers the risk of macular degeneration and improves eyesight.
- Blood Pressure: The fiber in carrot increases potassium and reduce sodium absorption in other to guard against high blood pressure, cholesterol and other related heart diseases.
- Boost Immune: The content of vitamin C and vitamin A in carrot juice is a good antioxidant that protects cells from been damaged by free radicals. It also increases the circulation of the white blood cells and boosts the immune system.
- Improve skin: Carrot juice is rich in vitamin C, A and beta-carotene that helps in combating skin plaques psoriasis and rashes, it also ease inflammation of the skin that brings about fast recovery. Similarly, a lack of vitamin A affects the skin, nails, and hair. dieting on this carrot juice regularly reduces skin acne, blemishes, dryness wrinkles, and fight the early aging process of cells.
- Reduce cancer risk: Dieting on this juice help reduce the formation of cancer cells. Free radicals destroy cells in the body, while antioxidant prevents cells damage
Recipes for a Carrot Juice
- 3 Medium size Carrots
- ½ inch ginger
Method of Preparation
- Wash the carrots in clean and running water to remove dirt, cut off the head and slice.
- Wash the ginger root and chop into pieces
- Place the carrots and ginger into the juicer and bring out the juice in a glass cup.
Serve and Enjoy.