Oat milk recipe is a delicious and creamy milk drink made out of rolled oat. It is plant based milk and is in the same class as rice milk, coconut milk, almond milk, soy milk. Oat milk is widely consumed around the globe. This milk has in recent times replaced the dairy milk that most people react to. Lactose intolerant individuals and vegans find this milk very beneficial.
Homemade Oat milk is gluten-free milk that contains a lot of fiber and loaded with enormous nutrients and vitamins that is healthy to the body than the usual dairy milk.
How to Make Oat Milk in Nigeria
Oat drink recipe, Instead of powdered oat use rolled oat, water, vanilla extract, maple syrup, or any other syrup you wish to use and a pinch of salt to give it a different flavor, then blend together. After blending use a cheesecloth bag to strain the Oat milk. It ready to serve and you can take your oat milk with any cereals of your choice, smoothies, coffee, or tea.
What to do with the leftover pulp
The leftover Oat pulp can be used to make oat pulp cookies, smoothies, and even pancakes.
Can oat milk be steamed?
You can steam Oat milk but be sure to consume all immediately.
How long can oat milk stay in the freezer?
Basically, Oat milk are not advisable to stay more than 5-7 days in the freezer or fridge; always make fresh milk with Oatmeal and use it at the shortest possible time. Moreover, each time you intend to use the milk endeavor to shake properly; since the water usually separates after a while.
Expired Oat milk poses dangers to health likewise contaminated milk drink. The question of how long does oat milk last is 5 days either the homemade or store-bought.
Health Benefits of Oat Milk
- Oat milk contains two grams of dietary fiber which aids digestion and giving you a healthy gut. Regular intake of this milk helps to prevent infection and gives your body the ability to heal naturally.
- The best Oat milk drink helps to keep the sugar level in check. The Beta gluten in oat helps in the absorption of carb in the gut and those with type 2 diabetes can take this milk to control their sugar level.
- Organic Oat milk is loaded with lots of vitamins and nutrients that are essential in body formation. Vitamins A, B, and D are all properties of oat milk, an increase in your vitamin intake will help your body to function well and feeling energized.
- Oat milk is vegan-friendly and is also advisable that those with lactose issues should go for this alternative.
- Oat milk help to reduce bad cholesterol when taken regularly
- It boosts immunity and prevents anemia
How to Make Oat Milk Recipe – Perfectly Made Oat Milk
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 3-4 pcs pitted date or 2 tsp Maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- Water for blending
- First and foremost, in a blender, add in the oats, pitted date or maple syrup, salt, and water.
- Secondly, blend for like 1 minute as the mixture looks well combined; else repeat blend for few seconds.
- Thirdly, strain using your nut milk bag or cheesecloth; gently pour the mixture into the bag and strain. Thereafter, sieve into your pitcher should in case there is any oat that didn’t blend properly.
- Finally, transfer into a sealable container and refrigerate allow chilling before serving.
How to Avoid Slimy Oat Milk
After straining don’t heat else it will become gelatinous and thicken in texture
In most cases soaking Oat before blending often causes slimy oat milk after processing. so don’t soak your oat before making this drink; just go straight and blend.