Banana chips are tasty, crispy, and crunchy recipe of unripe banana slices deep-fried to make these delicious chips, however, it’s a simple homemade healthy snack for all season.
Meanwhile, in Nigeria green or unripe banana chips are not as common as it counterpart plantain chips you find virtually on every location, there is a specific location where you can find unripe banana chips in Lagos such as Indian Bazaar, Ilupeju, Lagos.
Furthermore, these chips are easy recipes to make, why not add this simple homemade recipe to your list of healthy snack for the family.
My love for this snack is just so much that I don’t even remember plantain chips any longer, likewise, everyone that have tasted this wonderful chips.
Similarly, these chips can also be called banana wafers, masala chips, kerala banana chips and so popular in Indian.
Nutritional facts of unripe Banana chips
Unripe banana is rich in resistant starch which is satisfying, vitamins and minerals. The nutrient in unripe or green banana includes dietary fiber, potassium and a little percentage of protein.
Hence, it improves digestive health, in the same vein, lowers blood sugar which is a perfect diabetic snack. One medium-size green banana contains about 81 calories but the calories increase when it’s been fried.
How to make Banana chips Recipe
- 2 green bananas
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon salt to be mixed in 4-5 spoons of water
- Vegetable oil
- First of all, wash your green banana, gently make 2 vertical openings in the skin not very deep, and remove the banana skin, the same way you peel plantain skin.
- Secondly, slice the banana with a knife or slicer which is faster in cutting, slice to any shape and sizes you desire.
- Thirdly, sprinkle the mixed salt water all over the green slices of banana and allow setting for about 5 minutes before frying.
- Fourthly, using a frying pan, heat oil, after that, drop some slices into the hot oil and fry on medium heat, consequently, reduce heat when is too hot, so that it doesn’t get burnt, stirring occasionally until crispy and golden.
- Finally, remove chips from heat into paper towel or sieve; subsequently, repeat the same way until all sliced chips are fried.
- In conclusion, sprinkle the black pepper on your crispy chips and allow cooling, thereafter, store in an airtight container.
Enjoy whenever you desire!!!