This hamburger steak and gravy is a ground Beef Patty that is flavorful and tasty it’s quite juicy and will melt in your mouth; so similar to Salisbury steak and gravy.
Basically, hamburger steak is made with simple ingredients similar to how you make your normal hot hamburger. In this case, the mashed potatoes are served with gravy. If desired, can be served with rice, bread, well for me it is perfect with almost anything you choose to pair with it.
Moreover, this is just one of the easiest meals you can squeeze into your weekly menu and no one will complain because they love it. It is made with a mixture of ground beef, breadcrumbs, or flour in dense hamburger patties and then pan-fried.
What is Hamburger steak?
Similar to Salisbury steak, Southern hamburger steak recipe is a delicious blend of ground beef, seasonings, and onions; what a comfort food.
Hamburg Steak became famous in the early 19th century by migrants from Germans and obviously became popular around the world.
Easy hamburger steak recipe with onion soup mix is so common, while the no gravy recipe is used more for the normal hamburger. There are different ways to make this delicious recipe; it can be grilled, oven baked, or pan-fried, and also serve with mushroom gravy sauce.
How to Make Hamburger Steak Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 egg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- First and foremost, In a large bowl, mix together your ground beef, egg, flour, bread crumbs, pepper, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, and soy sauce. Form into 5-6 balls, and flatten into patties.
- Secondly, Heat the oil in a large skillet/ frying pan over medium heat. Then fry the patties with onion in the oil till patties are nicely browned and cook, for like 4 minutes on each side. Remove the beef patties transfer to a plate, and keep warm.
- Finally, sprinkle flour over the onions and the drippings in the skillet. Thereafter, stir the flour with a fork, and scrap bits of stick beef off of the bottom as you stir.
- Then gradually mix in your beef broth; and with seasoned salt. Simmer and stir over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, until the gravy thickens. Lastly, reduce heat to low and return patties to the pot of gravy sauce, cover, and allow simmering for another 12-15 minutes.
At this junction your delicious dish is ready
Serve and enjoy.