How to Use Bitter Kola and TomTom as Cough Remedy – Bitter Kola & TomTom
Benefits of Bitter kola and Tom Tom Sweet for Cough Treatment | TomTom & Bitter Kola
Bitter kola and TomTom sweet combined have a cough-relieving property that is very effective in the body.
Bitter kola is a natural herb that has been used wildly to treat a variety of ailments.
Garcinia kola, popularly known as bitter kola, is a plant that grows and is found throughout western and central Africa.
In Igbo land, it’s called “Akilu,” in Hausa land, “Mijin goro,” and in Yoruba land, “Orogbo.”
It’s been termed a “wonder plant” since nearly every part of it has been shown to have medicinal properties.
It produces an orange-colored pod with seeds encased in husk with skin usually brown in color.
What Is Bitter Kola Nut?
Bitter kola nut, scientifically known as Garcinia kola, is a tropical plant native to West and Central Africa. It belongs to the Clusiaceae family. The bitter kola nut is a medium-sized nut that is brown on the outside and has a bitter taste. It is primarily valued for its cultural, medicinal, and dietary uses in various African societies.
What Is Tomtom Sweet?
TomTom sweets are popular candy in Nigeria that can be purchased in almost any corner store. It is a hard, flavored candy known for its distinctive square shape, often wrapped in colorful packaging.
Its popularity can be attributed to a variety of factors, the most notable of which is its ability to cool the breath in the mouth when used.
However, the active ingredient in TomTom sweet provides the candy’s health benefits. It comes as no surprise that the same ingredient is responsible for the candy’s coolness and soothing effect.
Cultural And Traditional Uses Of Bitter Kola Nut
Bitter kola nut holds cultural significance in many African societies and is often used in religious activites, ceremonies, and social gatherings. It is sometimes offered as a gift to guests, and its presence is seen as a sign of hospitality.
Benefits of Bitter kola and Tom Tom for Cough Remedy | Tom Tom & Bitter Kola
Undoubtedly, tom-tom and bitter kola work together to suppress ones cough reflex or cough center issues, providing temporary or permanent relief.
- Cold symptoms such as cough and catarrh can be relieved by chewing bitter Kola nuts with sweet tom tom. I’ve tried it myself, and it truly does work.
- It is also thought to help with male impotency /infertility in men and the development of robust immunity system against infectious diseases.
- Bitter kola and Honey are used in place of Tomtom sweet to treat a scratchy voice and sore throat, as well as to stimulate mucus and ease a dry throat.
- Improve soreness in the throat, It is thought to aid in the relief of throat discomfort.
- Bitter kola and TomTom have cough-relieving properties.
- Management of pain in the throat
- Decongestant for the chest and sinuses
- It has antipruritic properties.
Different Reasons for Cough Symptoms – How to Use Bitter Kola and Tom Tom as Cough Remedy
A number of conditions might induce chronic cough; we’ve mentioned the most common ones below here.
- Although some people may develop a chronic cough as a result of stress, depression, anxiety.
- Postnasal drip may likely occur when mucus from your nose seeps further into back of your throat, provoking a cough reflex. There is no need to take any medications because the cough will stop.
- Asthma causes your airways to narrow and swell in response to triggers like pollen, exercise, dust, cold weather, or smoke. You may gasp for air, hear a wheezing sound when you breathe, and cough up mucus.
- GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) occurs when food and stomach acid back up into the throat. The acids can produce a cough response because they irritate the neurons in your esophagus.
- Chronic Bronchitis is a type of COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) in which air pollutants inflame or tobacco smoke, damage, or limits the small pouch inside your lungs, making it difficult to breathe. You may encounter cough and chest tightness, which may be accompanied by persistent wheezing.
- Pneumonia: (a virus or fungus) Bacteria inflame small sacs in your lungs, causing them to fill with fluid or pus. Fever, chills, and difficulty breathing are all possible symptoms, as well as coughing up colored mucus.
- Whooping Cough: This is most frequent in newborns and can occur as a result of a missed immunization.
- Blood Pressure Drugs: Antihypertensives such as ACE inhibitors, which are used to treat high blood pressure or heart failure, have a few adverse effects, including a dry, hacking cough that won’t go away.
- Covid 19: Yes, coronavirus is a common cause of chest tightness and dry cough these days. This isn’t to say that it can’t happen. It’s not a death warrant, people recovers from Covid-19.
- Heart Failure: This ailment causes fluid to be pushed into your lungs, resulting in a chronic cough with white or pink mucus.
Lung Cancer: A persistent cough might be a sign of lung cancer, go for test when cough persist.
Health Benefits of Bitter Kola and Tom Tom as Cough Remedy – TomTom with Bitter Kola
The health benefits of soaking bitter kola in water for days are significant since it includes various elements that are beneficial in the following ways.
- Helps to treat all sorts of inflammation and infection in the body.
- It helps to keep your airway clear.
- Assists with belly fat reduction and eliminates gas in the stomach.
- It helps with digestion.
- It aids in the body’s cleansing.
- Assists in the relief of stomach pains and ulcers.
First and foremost, wash 5 bitter pieces kola and 1 cucumber.
The second is to slice them up into tiny pieces, pour into the blender, then purée them thoroughly.
Next, pour it into a container and fill it with 4pcs of Tom Tom. Wait an hour for the TomTom sweet to dissolve before making use of it.
The negative effects of TomTom and bitter kola
Because side effects might vary depending on a person’s illness, age, weight, gender, ethnicity, and overall health, moderation is critical.
Caffeine in cola nuts, on the other hand, can produce insomnia, agitation, and restlessness, as well as stomach discomfort, nausea, and vomiting, as well as an elevated heart rate and respiration rate.
How to Use Bitter Kola and Tom Tom Sweet as Cough Remedy
Do you have a bad cough?
Don’t be scared; instead of wasting money on syrups, purchase the following instead.
- Kola (bitter)
- TomTom sweet
- Aligator Pepper (optional)
Method of Using TomTom and Bitter Kola
- Peel the kola
- Take a few alligator pepper seeds. (It’s not compulsory else don’t use)
- Take the tomtom out of its wrapper.
- Then combine them all in your mouth and chew it gradually as it helps relieve the cough, helps you breathe well.
- For three days, do these in the morning, afternoon, and at night. I assure you that your cough will go away.
- Bitter kola and tomtom reduce your cough region, so you might get some relief.
Breathlessness may occur as a result of the cause of your cough, prompting the need of oxygen. You must see a doctor if these symptoms persist after 3 days.
Health Benefits of Bitter Kola and Honey
Honey and bitter kola are used to relieve a dry throat, induce mucus, treat a sore throat, and treat scratchy voice.
Bitter kola and honey possess potential health benefits, with bitter kola containing compounds that have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties, while honey is rich in antioxidants and has been associated with soothing coughs and supporting wound healing.
What is the effect of Kolanut on the heart?
In kola nuts, you can find caffeine. Caffeine may cause the heart to beat faster. Additionally, several asthma medications may speed up heartbeat.
Cola nuts may overstimulate the heart and cause cardiac problems when taken with specific asthma medications.
Does bitter kola increase blood pressure?
The kola nut’s active components, which are stimulants to the body, can cause blood pressure to rise.
Bitter kola contains caffeine, which has been known to cause some people’s blood pressure to increase. Caffeine, a stimulant found in coffee, has been demonstrated to increase heart rate and blood pressure.
Is bitter kola good for the heart?
Bitter kola contains certain compounds that have been suggested to have potential cardiovascular benefits, such as antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
Alkaloids, flavonoids, and phenolic compounds are a few of the bioactive components found in bitter kola, and they all have the potential to be beneficial to health.
The scientific evidence regarding its direct effects on heart health is limited and further research is required to establish its efficacy and safety in promoting heart health.
Does bitter kola affect drugs?
Bitter kola may interact with certain medications due to its potential effects on enzymes in the liver that are involved in drug metabolism.
The compounds in bitter kola can influence how the body processes medications, which could lead to altered drug levels and potential interactions.
Research suggests that bitter kola may lessen quinine’s effects. There are concerns that some therapies can become ineffective if bitter kola is added to them.
What are the advantages of alcohol and bitter kola?
Bitter Kola Soaked in alcohol for 3 days
Bitter kola has been demonstrated to manage blood sugar levels by decreasing and regulating them over time especially when soaked in alcohol .
However, according to study, consuming bitter kola and exercising frequently may mitigate the negative effects and even lower blood pressure, ulcers, and Increase sperm count.
What is the benefit of bitter kola lemon and honey? Bitter kola and lime
Bitter kola has been used to treat ailments ranging from the common cold to hepatitis over the years.
Bitter kola may protect against viral, bacterial, and cough-related disorders, according to a 2018 study. When an illness first arises, ingesting bitter kola may help you fight the virus and recover faster.
TomTom Health Benefits – Is TomTom useful for sore throat?
- Pain relief
- A fresh breath
- Sore throat mouthwash
- Possess antipruritic properties.
- Chest decongestant and sinus decongestant
Can bitter kola lower blood sugar levels?
Long-term use of bitter kola has been demonstrated to lower and regulate blood sugar levels. Bitter kola may provide some relief to persons suffering from the negative effects of high blood sugar (diabetes).
What can I drink to improve my voice?
The best beverages to consume before signing are beverages that are warm without caffeine or milk, warm water, and a herbal tea with manuka honey, lemon, and ginger.
Drinking warm or room temperature water will hydrate your vocal cords, making them more pliable and less prone to injury.
Bitter kola and milk benefits
A peculiar taste combination of bitterness and creaminess may develop when milk and bitter kola are combined.
The bitterness of the kola nut may offer a striking contrast to the smoothness and sweetness of the milk.
Bitter kola and milk are not commonly consumed together, and there isn’t substantial scientific evidence to suggest specific combined benefits. Bitter kola is traditionally believed to have certain health benefits, including potential antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, while milk is a source of nutrients like calcium and protein.
Is bitter kola good for kidney health or preventing kidney stones?
Given that intake has no negative side effects on kidney function, body weights, or organ weights, this study demonstrates that the biflavonoid fractions of Garcinia kola (root bark, stem bark, and seed) may be used in the treatment of hyperlipidemia.
Can gonorrhea be cured by bitter kola?
There is no scientific evidence to support the claim that bitter kola can cure gonorrhea. Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) caused by the bacterium Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
Though men who consume bitter kola not only have more sex desire, but they also perform better sexually.
Can bitter kola harm the liver? What kind of kola is used medicinally?
The cleansing properties of bitter kola may protect the liver from the damaging effects of alcohol and food poisoning.
What affects do bitter kola and groundnut have on the body?
Bitter kola and groundnuts both help boost the immune system. This helps in the fight against diseases.
It prevents the growth of cancer cells within the body. The polyphenol antioxidants in groundnuts prevent the growth of cancer cells, hence protecting internal organs.
Can bitter kola cure throat infection?
Consuming bitter kola when an infection first emerges may help in the fight against the virus and expedite your recovery.
Even though bitter kola and tomtom sweet suppress your cough reflex or cough center, relieving your symptoms temporarily, this does not imply that they have treated the underlying cause of your cough.
You need to see a doctor, and based on the severity of the cough for proper medication.