Peanut Snacks – Peanut Burger Recipe | How to Make Coated Peanuts
Crunchy peanut snacks also known as Peanut Burger is a popular Nigerian snack. It made with flour, peanuts, and other ingredients before deep-frying in vegetable oil.
I love these crunchy coated groundnut snacks; it’s one of the kid’s favorite snacks that are easy to make at home. This peanut burger can also be made in large quantities for commercial sales, for parties as small chops alternative.
Homemade Tasty peanuts snacks can be cooked either on a stovetop or baked in an oven. It time to give your family a treat with spicy and crunchy coated peanuts burger snack. They are far better than the store-bought since you can adjust spices to your taste.
Tips for Making Coated Peanuts Burger Snacks
The groundnut can either be used raw, roasted, or fried as the case may be. However, it is better to roast or fry in other to remove the skin. It’s usually easy to peel the back brownish skin before coating with flour.
How to Make Crunchy Peanut Snacks – Peanut Burger Snack
- 2 cups of groundnuts
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder or nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavor (Optional)
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- Vegetable oil for frying
Method How to Make Peanut for Selling in Nigeria – Peanut Snack
- First of all, pour the groundnuts/peanuts into a saucer or wide bowl and separate all split or broken peanuts.
- Secondly, mix all dry ingredients together – the all-purpose flour, cornflour, baking powder, sugar, and nutmeg, set aside.
- Thirdly, break the eggs into a deep bowl, add flavor and whisk until foamy. Scoop in 2-spoons of the dried mixture of flour and continue to whisk until the batter consistency is slightly runny.
- Start by adding 1-2 spoons of egg batter consistency on the dry groundnut/peanut. After that shake in a circular shifting/motion before sprinkling about 2-3 spoons of the flour mixture as you shake.
- The peanut will likely stick together when shaking; use a knife or hand to separate and more sprinkle dry flour mixture. And continue as the peanuts form a ball shape.
- This process should continue for about 3-4 times until well coated into a proper ball shape or oval shape. When the peanuts are well coated they look smooth; transfer on a sieve to remove excess flour lying at the button ready to fry.
- Finally, in a deep frying pan bring the oil to heat; stir in the first batch of your peanuts and fry with continuous stirring for 5-7 minutes until balls turn a golden color. Repeat the process until you finish frying all coated peanuts.
- Remove from heat into a sieve lined with a paper towel to drain the oil and completely cold; store in a tight container.
At this point your delicious crunchy coated peanut snack is ready.
Serve and enjoy with a glass of chilled drink!
Are coated peanuts healthy?
Yes! Go for raw peanuts with skin on them for the most health benefits. Antioxidants that protect cells are abundant in raw, skin-on peanuts. Salty foods like roasted, salted peanuts are linked to heart disease by medical professionals.
What is the coating on a peanut?
The term “coated peanuts” refers to raw peanuts that have been covered in a flour mixture and deep fried till golden.
What are coated peanuts called?
Japanese-style peanuts sometimes referred to as cracker nuts or Japanese peanuts, are a type of fried or deep-fried snack food prepared from peanuts that have been coated in a wheat flour batter. They are available in a wide range of flavors.
How long does coated peanut last?
Shelled peanuts last around four weeks if kept in the pantry, and about a year if kept in the refrigerator. In-shell peanuts can be kept for four months in the pantry and about a year in the refrigerator.
What are the three types of peanuts?
Runner, Spanish, Virginia, and Valencia peanuts are the four basic varieties found in the United States. Both size and flavor are unique to each of these peanuts.
Are coated peanuts good for weight loss?
The research, which was conducted in collaboration with Texas Tech University, revealed that consuming 35 grams of gently salted dry-roasted peanuts before each of your two main meals each day can help you lose weight, lower your blood pressure, and improve your fasting blood sugar levels.