Steamed eggs recipe is a classic delicious side dish garnished with vegetable carrot, green pepper, green beans, onion, and tomato with spices for sweet flavorful aroma.
Chinese steam egg is a traditional dish in Chinese cuisine that is so popular and very simple to make with any ingredients that are available at home; It soft and fluffy with a glassy surface.
Whenever you are tired of eating fried egg or boiled eggs try this simple recipe and you will love the taste.
In Nigeria, the steam egg is not a common recipe like fried egg so most homes don’t cook such. However, this article is to let you understand how to prepare this sumptuous dish at home for your family with a step by step guide.
Moreover, in other to make this steam eggs you will need your Moi moi plates, foil, plastic plates that have cover, or ceramic plates to cook just the way you cook Moi moi.
There are different ways to steam eggs like using the rice cooker, in a steamer, on a stovetop, or microwave.
Is Steamed Eggs Healthy?
Cooking on a lower and shorter heat is term to cause less oxidation of cholesterol as it helps retain most of the nutrients found in eggs. As a result of this boiled, poached, and steaming of eggs seems to be the healthiest of all to eat.
How to make Steamed Eggs Recipe with Carrot and Green Beans
Adjust ingredients to your taste and at the same time depending on what you have at home; you can never go wrong with it.
- 4 eggs
- 2 carrots
- 1 green pepper
- 1 fresh tomato
- 4 pieces of green beans
- 1 small-size onion
- 1 seasoning cube
- ¼ cup of milk (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of cinnamon powder (optional)
Method of Preparation
- First and foremost, wash and dice all vegetables and set aside ready for use.
- Secondly, crack the eggs into a deep bowl, pour in your milk, salt, seasoning cube, and beat to mix properly.
- Thirdly, stir in all vegetables and mix with the whisk eggs, grease your Moi moi plates or plastic bowls with cover with the butter (to avoid the egg consistency sticking on the bottom after cooking, and refuse to come out.) pour the mixture into the plates and cover.
- Finally, in a pot heat water to boiling, then place the plates on the water and allow cooking for about 15-20 minutes to stick together and become firm.
Serve your favorite steam egg breakfast or dessert with main dish and enjoy.