Chicken tikka is a classic chicken kebab that is tasty and flavorful. It’s a popular India recipe of marinated boneless chicken in yogurt with spices and grill on skewers.
Basically, chicken tikka masala recipe is a pure non-vegetarian dish; however, the Vegetarians can also enjoy such using Tofu, mushroom, paneer as an alternative.
A homemade tikka recipe is very easy to make with virtually all ingredients available in your pantry. It can be served over a bowl of rice, roti or naan bread, its perfect for lunch, dinner, or as an appetizer.
How to Make Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
- 4 chicken thighs or breast
- 1 red onion (largely cut)
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper
Spices for Marinade
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ tsp masala powder
- ½ cup sour cream or yogurt (Greek yogurt)
- ¼ tbp coriander seed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- First of all, dice chicken in chunks, wash and drain the water then keep aside.
- Secondly, in a deep bowl pour all the spices for a marinade. The yogurt, red chili, coriander, ginger, garlic, masala powder, oil, salt, and mix properly. Thereafter, pour in the diced chicken into the mixture and combine thoroughly, ensure the tandoori tikka marinade coated the chicken.
- Thirdly, cover the marinated chicken and transfer to the fridge for the next 3-4 hours or overnight to rest. Meanwhile, the ingredients penetrate into the chicken to enhance the tasty when baked in an oven.
- Largely cut your onions, bell pepper, and tomatoes in square shapes. Pick a skewer and use it to thread onion, bell pepper, and chicken tikkas all together in one skewer.
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Finally, grease the grill grate, set the skewers at the top, then place your baking tray in the middle of the oven and bake for 40 minutes turning to each side to cook.
- Lastly, adjust the oven to BROIL for the next 4-5 minutes, remove from the oven.
Serve your chicken tikka kebab and enjoy.