How to Make Tom Brown – Tom Brown Cereal | Tom Brown Flour
Tom brown cereal is a healthy and satisfying dish that is ideal for weaning your baby. Here’s how to prepare your own Tom Brown cereal mix from scratch, step by step.
A combination of cereals (yellow corn, millet, and guinea corn) and legumes make up Tom Brown Cereal Mix (soybeans and groundnuts). Cereals and legumes enrich the meal with a range of nutrients that are important to the baby’s health.
This quick cereal, which is also excellent for adults, is an important meal for babies, especially during the weaning stage, to keep them looking plump and well-fed.
If you don’t want to rely on shelf cereals for your child’s growth and development; Then go for Tom-Brown because of its tremendous nutritional value—rich in protein, iron, carbohydrate, calcium, magnesium, copper, potassium, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12, and so on.
So, to make your baby’s stable cereal here are quick and easy techniques to prepare tom brown pap.
Amazing Benefits Of Tom Brown Cereal for Adults.
- It helps to reduce cholesterol.
- Its antioxidant content aids in the fight against free radicals.
- Beneficial to one’s vision.
- Helps control diabetes.
- Reduces inflammation.
- It Helps reduces high blood pressure.
- It aids in the treatment of coronary heart disease.
How to make Tom Brown From Scratch – Tom Brown Flour
- Millet (Guinea corn)
- Yellow corn
- Dry plantain (Optional)
- Dates for sweetening (optional)
How to Make Tom Brown Flour
- Purchase dried corn from the market, then roast it over an open flame until it becomes brown, and just before it begins to pop like popcorn, remove it and set it aside to cool ( You can fry the two different types of corn together).
- Fry your groundnut (depending on how much grain you’re using, 1 Derica is fine)
- Fry the millet and soya bean together. Everything must be fried individually.
- After frying the soya beans, remove the shaft by grinding lightly with a mortar and pestle and blowing it away with your mouth.
- Set everything aside to cool.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high-powered blender; if you don’t have one, take the mixture to your local mill to be blended. It’s important to combine the ingredients dry (no water!).
- Your Tom Brown mix is done! Prepare it by putting it in a dry container and cover.
How to Make Tom Brown Food – Tom Brown Cereal
One thing is to produce the powder, another is to be able to prepare it so that it does not turn out lumpy, it is essential to continually mix it especially at the beginning of the cooking similar to semo stirring.
- Put a small saucepan on the stove and fill it halfway with water. Next, create a thick tom brown mixture and pour it into the pot.
- Turn the mixture with a turning stick until it is free of lumps.
- Continue to turn it until it thickens and appears cooked, like when you make custard.
- Cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat, until slightly thick, and smooth
You can serve with breast milk or baby milk
For Adult Serve Tom Brown Pap with choice milk
How to Make Tom Brown without Cooking
Whenever you are ready to feed your baby or drink this cereal: though this method is not usually as thick as cooking tom brown cereal on the stovetop.
- First of all, bring the water to a boil, place a portion of the tom brown powder in a mixing bowl, and gradually add ordinary water until you achieve a semi-thick paste.
- Pour the boiling water into the dish holding the tom brown paste as soon as it reaches 100oC, stirring constantly.
- Hurry! Your Tom Brown pap is all set to feed your child. You may sweeten with baby milk, honey, or whatever else you choose.
Serve and enjoy your Tom Brown Cereal!