Amazing Health Benefits of Agidi (Eko) – Is Agidi Good For Pregnant Woman?
Agidi, or Eko as it is known in Yoruba, is a Nigerian delicacy that breaks out beyond tribes, class, location, and religion. Everyone appreciates it, from north to south. Agidi, which is prepared from corn (maize), in Nigeria.
Cornmeal Eko is 100% natural, as it has no artificial ingredients or preservatives.
Agidi is cooked into (solid) with a tangy taste, its a higher version of pap or ogi (akamu) that goes well with delicious Nigerian pepper soup, stew, banga soup, ogbono soup, ewedu soup, and egusi soup among other dishes.
Corn, like all cereal grains, is mostly constituted of carbohydrates in agidi. It’s also high in fiber and protein. Vitamin B5, B6, copper, potassium, manganese, zinc, phosphorus, and magnesium are some of the most important vitamins and minerals found in agidi. Lutein and zeaxanthin are the two major antioxidants found in maize.
In Nigeria, Agidi is also a naturally gluten-free dish. However, one serving of Agidi has around 211 calories.
Amazing Health Benefits of Agidi (Eko)
Agidi is formed from corn, and the health advantages of eko are similar to those of maize, as listed below:
- Potassium is found in agidi. Potassium is an essential mineral that helps manage blood pressure and may promote heart health.
- Agidi aids in the reduction of blood cholesterol levels. Some dieticians believe it might assist diabetics to regulate their blood sugar levels.
- Eko is good for your eyes.
- Agidi helps to prevent diverticulosis a disease of the large intestine.
- It’s fulfilling, Eko has a lot of bulk, that helps in filling the stomach and ensures satisfaction.
- Fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants abound in agidi.
- Because of its high-calorie content, agidi is one of the meals in Nigeria that might help you gain or lose weight depending on how it’s been used
- Helps with constipation – Agidi is high in fiber, which aids with bowel movement.
- Energy- Agidi is high in carbs and calories, which makes it a good source of energy.
- Vitamin B12, folic acid, and iron are abundant in Agidi corn, which aids in the development of red blood cells in the body. As a result, agidi aids in the prevention of anemia.
Health Benefits of Agidi (Eko) – Is Agidi Good For Pregnant Woman?
Agidi relieves constipation, which is a frequent complaint among pregnant women, thanks to its high fiber content. In both pregnant and non-pregnant women, Agidi is perfectly safe. There are no negative side effects to be concerned about.
Without a doubt! During pregnancy, Agidi is quite beneficial. There are several advantages for both the mom and baby during pregnancy.
Agidi, which is prepared from maize, is high in folic acid and also includes zeaxanthin and patothenic acid, which helps to prevent birth abnormalities such as spinal bifida and broken lips in children (palate).
Is Agidi Good For Pregnant Woman? Is it safe for a pregnant woman to eat Agidi?
- It can protect the infant against muscle degeneration as well as physiological issues such as fetal discomfort.
- Cornmeal eko is completely natural, as it contains no artificial ingredients or additives.
- Because of its high potassium content and lack of sodium, it is an ideal diet for persons who have high blood pressure.
- Corn pap’s high water content aids in meeting daily hydration requirements. It is for this reason that nursing moms take it to aid in the smooth flow of breast milk.
- Corn pap has a delicate texture that makes it easier to digest.
- It’s a wonderful breakfast option because of its texture, which puts less strain on the digestive system.
- It’s an ideal meal for pregnant women, athletes and footballers.
- Because it is not processed for lengthy periods of time, it maintains more nutrients.
Benefits of Agidi (Eko) food for toddlers
Agidi is a good meal to use when introducing solid foods to your kids. It is high in essential vitamins and minerals, as well as carbohydrates, which provide energy. Agidi is also beneficial to toddlers because it is inexpensive, easy to digest, and widely available.
Agidi for weight loss – It can help you lose weight.
Despite its high carbohydrate content, agidi is a popular Nigerian weight-loss meal. It has a reasonable quantity of calories and a good level of fiber, making it an excellent addition to your weight-loss meal.
If you wish to include Agidi to your weight-loss diet, pair it with Nigerian vegetable soups or akara, moin moin which are strong in protein.
Agidi and pepper soup are usually very delicious, why not give it a trial at home; make pepper soup with agidi (Eko) today and enjoy all its benefits.