Mango chicken is a delicious twist of stir-fry mango fruits, boneless chicken, Red bell pepper, and other spices that make it flavorful. Chicken with mango is more like a special treat that everyone will enjoy at home either as a lunch or dinner.
Mango chicken recipe is a sweet combination that comes out well when properly cook; however, chicken paired with mango taste really good and can be served with rice or pasta.
Basically, chicken is one great source of protein and versatile, it can easily blend with any dish paired with it. When it comes to flavor and taste; this recipe is just right on track considering the mild tangy and sweet mango marinade on chicken tender garnished with slices of bell pepper is all you need.
There are different ways of cooking this simple homemade Chinese mango chicken; such as creamy mango, curry mango chicken, baked, and Thai chicken with mango recipe.
How to Cut your Mango
It is important you peel your mangoes using Y-shape peeler like that of potato peel. Place and slice from the side in other to escape the middle to the pit (seed); thereafter chopping off one side brings out the pit and the slice to a choice shape like my which is chuck.
What are the Health Benefits of Mangoes?
They are a great source of antioxidant that helps protect the body against free radicals that might cause cancer. It also helps to improve eye health, reduce cholesterol, and cleanse the skin.
How to Make Mango Chicken Recipe
- 1 kg Chicken (boneless thighs or breast)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 piece ginger
- 1/2 tsp curry
- 2 seasoning cubes
- ½ tablespoon scotches Bonnet pepper
- 1 medium-size onion
- 1 cup chopped mango (chunk slices)
- 2 cooking spoons vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation Mango Chicken
- First of all, wash and spice your chicken with seasoning cubes, salt, and dry pepper, and then marinate for like an hour before cooking.
- Secondly, bring oil to heat on a woks pot; stir fry the chicken to brown
- Thirdly, add a little quantity of water, ginger, garlic, curry, pepper, and cook on low heat till chicken becomes tender.
- Finally, pour in the chunk slices of mango cubes, spice, and taste salt after that, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
At this junction your delicious dish is ready to be served
Serve with Rice and enjoy!