Mexican Candy Shot Recipe – Mexican Candy Shot Recipe with Tequila | Best Mexican candy shot
Mexican Candy Shots are a delectable and entertaining take on a classic cocktail. It has a variety of fruity flavors and is sweet and mildly spicy. Although the ingredients are identical to those in the original recipe, the taste profile is slightly different.
The name of this drink comes from a watermelon-flavored with coated chili powder and Mexican hard candy. The sweet is known as a lollipop, which is a Mexican-style popsicle.
Basically, there is no specific ingredients list for this candy drink, but every version has a few basic ingredients.
Instead of watermelon juice, a mixture of mango and strawberry or raspberry juice can be used. Or a combination of all three!
This recipe is simple to prepare and may be customized with many tastes such as watermelon, strawberry, or guava juice!
What is a Mexican candy shot, exactly?
A Mexican candy shot is a cocktail that is made to resemble Mexican watermelon candy.
Whatever manner you prepare your Mexican candy boozy drink, it should be spicy, fruity, and utterly wonderful, transporting flavor of the candy you back to the original.
Most recipes ask for watermelon pucker, but others call for the watermelon fruit itself (well blended), while some omit the watermelon completely in favor of fruit juices like strawberry, raspberry, or lime. The Mexican candy alcoholic beverage derived from these fruit juices, however, keeps the fiery flavor of the Mexican candy by utilizing hot sauces such as Tabasco.
Much of the time, tequila is the chosen alcoholic beverage, but rum is also frequently utilized. Vodka can be used as a substitute for bourbon.
The three fundamental elements are fresh juices or a pucker, spicy sauce, and an alcoholic beverage.
Other Mexican Candy Names
Popular Mexican candy brand names include Vero, Pulparindo, Tama Roca, Limon 7, Coronado, Pelon Pelo Rico, Adams, Anahuac, Las Sevillanas, Rockaleta, Lucas, Duvalin, Hola, Canel’s, Zumba, Bolitochas, Ricolino, Lorena, Montes, Sonric’s, Laposse, and more.
The party will be incomplete without shots. Shots are usually given in tiny cups made of glass. You’ll be shocked by the number of shots available. There’s something for everyone, from chocolate shots to alcohol shots.
Tips For Making Mexican Candy Shot
- Fruits: If you’re using freshly squeezed juice, drain it first to get rid of the pulp. I used slices of jalapenos, but watermelon or strawberry juice would also work.
- Tequila: A typical alcoholic choice for this drink is tequila. The flavor will be greater if the alcohol percentage is not too strong depending on the individual.
- Sugar: To rim the shot glasses’ edges, you’ll need sugar or sweetener. If you like a sweeter drink, you may add sugar to taste to the drink.
- Hot Sauce: chili powder gives the drink a wonderful kick. Tabaco sauce is my personal favorite.
- Lime is another optional garnish.
- Cubes of ice
- Use the appropriate tequila-to-juice ratio. For a balanced flavor, I recommend starting with a 1:2 ratio. You can make minor adjustments based on your preferences.
- If your juice isn’t sweet enough, you may need to add extra sugar. Apply the sugar gradually to avoid over-sweetening.
How to Make Mexican Candy Shot – Mexican Candy Shot Recipe
- 2 cups fresh watermelon (seedless )
- ¾ cup tequila
- ¼ cup lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon sugar sweetener (optional)
- Chili Powder
- 1 Jalapenos sliced
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Salt or Tajin (chile-lime salt)
Instructions on How to Make the Best Mexican Candy Shot
Use a perfectly ripe, seedless watermelon, slice then cut into cubes. Blend the watermelon cubes into a smooth juice in a blender.
If there are seeds in the watermelon, don’t bother removing them one by one. Blend it with the seeds in the juice, then pour it through a fine mesh strainer.
To achieve fine, transparent watermelon juice, drain the liquid through a sieve.
The Margarita Must Be Shaken:
Fill cocktail shaker halfway with watermelon juice (if you don’t have a cocktail shaker or prepare margaritas without shaker). Combine the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl. Cover tightly, shake vigorously for 30 to 45 seconds. Before serving, give the margaritas a good shake with ice.
Preparing Margarita Glasses:
Sugarcoating margarita glasses is a popular choice. When it comes to margaritas, I have a personal preference. The salt rim is a must-have. And something more than ordinary salt is required for this watermelon drink. The extra punch is required. The ideal way to serve this summer margarita is with chili powder and crumbled sea salt.
Margaritas should be served in the following order:
Pour into cocktail glasses rimmed with salt and chili powder. 1 or 2 ice cubes per serving A little chopped watermelon chunk and a slice of jalapeno
Right away, serve!
How to Make Mexican Candy Shot Recipe with Tequila
- Blend the watermelon cubes into a smooth juice in a blender.
- First, coat the rims of your chilled shot glasses with Tajin.
- Next, pour the sauce onto a flat plate and use medium pressure to push the rim of the cold shot glass into the Tajin.
- Add a pinch of salt to the Tajin to form a strong combination.
- After you’ve finished with your Tajin-rimmed shot glasses, drain the juice from your pureed watermelon.
- Finally, add tequila, watermelon juice, lime juice, Tabasco, and salt in a cocktail shaker.
- Then, by shaking the mixture with ice, enable it to cool.
- Pour the liquor into shot glasses with Tajin rims after that.
Finally, serve and have a good time!