Catfish pepper soup is really a delicious dish, especially when served with boiled white rice that makes it a complete food you can’t resist any time any day.
Catfish pepper soup point and kill is a popular Nigerian food that got its name from the way and manner you will always point to choose the particular fish you desire before they kill, in the same vein, they prepare a hot catfish pepper soup dish for you that will always make you come back next time for more in most Nigerian restaurants and local bar.
Similarly, in place of catfish, you can also use Tilapia fish in making a delicious Tilapia fish pepper soup and serve with rice, boiled plantain, Eko (Agidi) as the case maybe.
Moreover, homemade point and kill are equally delicious when properly cook, meanwhile, this fish recipe is very easy to prepare at home where members of the family can equivalently enjoy with smiles.
The best way to cook catfish pepper soup starts with how to wash catfish for pepper soup, in other to eliminate that slimy/slippery texture in catfish and lastly, how to make catfish pepper soup Nigerian style is very necessary
How to cook catfish pepper soup in Nigeria
Fish Pepper Soup Ingredients
- 1 medium-size fresh cat fish
- 2 tablespoons crayfish
- 6 scotch bonnet pepper (ground)
- ½ teaspoon ground uziza seed
- ½ teaspoon ground ehuru seed
- 2 Knorr seasoning cubes
- ½ cup scent leave or Uziza leaf (finely slice)
- Salt to taste
Method of preparation
- First and foremost, wash and clean the already cut fish thoroughly, personally I boil little quantity of hot water and pour into the fish in other to remove the slimy texture completely then rinse with clean water at this point is ready for use.
- Secondly, wash your scent leaf or uziza leaf and slice, then set aside, thereafter, blend your bonnet pepper get it ready. Ensure all cat fish ingredients are read because the fish doesn’t take time to cook.
- Thirdly, get a clean pot; place the fish inside the pot, after that, add crayfish, ground uziza seed, ground ehuru seed, seasoning cubes, the blended scotch bonnet pepper, and salt to taste. During this process the fish will absorb the entire ingredient which makes it super tasty; else, the catfish pepper soup will not be sweet.
- Most importantly, don’t forget to add enough water since that is exactly what you need to combine with other food.
- Finally, place on the fire and allow cooking for about 5 minutes stir taste for salt and continue cooking your point and kill for another 5 minutes.
- In conclusion, add your scent leaf and remove from heat immediately, cover and allow sitting for maybe 5 minutes or more before serving.
Serve your best fresh fish pepper soup recipe with boiled white rice, Agidi, boiled plantain, yam or serve fresh catfish pepper soup alone with a choice drink to step down.