Jollof spaghetti recipe or pasta noodles is one of the quick meals you can cook when running out of time, pasta is a staple food in Nigeria and can be prepared in several ways like stir-fry pasta, Bolognese pasta (white pasta and sauce), and Jollof pasta.
Homemade spaghetti Jollof is yummy with sweet flavors that you can’t resist, cooking this spaghetti pasta noodles with tin tomatoes gives it a dazzling beautiful color that blends perfectly into the pasta.
Read Also: https://besthomediet.com/baked-chicken-breast-nigerian-style-recipe/
How to make Jollof Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 box of thin spaghetti
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1 cup prawns
- 2 cooking spoons tin tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 4 scotches bonnet pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 1 sachet Onga classic seasoning
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- ½ kg chicken breast diced
- Salt to taste
Method of cooking Pasta Noodles Recipe
- First of all, wash and clean the prawns, also wash and dice the chicken breast, place in a pot, add salt, onion, cubes and allow cooking until soft, set aside.
- Secondly, wash and blend your red bell pepper and scotch bonnets keep aside.
- Thirdly, parboil your spaghetti for about 5 minutes and sieve out the water, rinse, after that, keep on the sieve to drain.
- In a pot pour in the vegetable oil, heat and stir in the cooked chicken breast and prawns then fry until golden brown on both sides, remove from heat keep aside.
- Next step, pour in the diced onions stir fry for like 2 minutes before adding the tomato paste and blended pepper mixtures, continue to fry as the ingredients decrease in size and finally dried.
- Add your thyme, curry powder, seasoning cubes, Onga seasoning, chicken broth, little water, and salt to taste, cover the pot and allow boiling.
- Lastly, stir and pour in the parboiled pasta noodles at the top add in the fried chicken and prawns stir and cover, cook until done.
In conclusion, taste to adjust salt, stir for 1 minute and remove from heat.
Serve and enjoy!