The Nigerian style recipe on baked chicken breast turns out tasty and delicious bites all the way, by simply combining salt, onga chicken, garlic powder, dry pepper, paprika, thyme, and olive oil to marinate the chicken breast before baking.
Chicken wings and thighs are the most popular parts of chicken commonly eaten in Nigeria, the general belief is that chicken breast doesn’t have enough meat is equally not as sweet as the other parts of the chicken.
Basically, all parts of the chicken are sweet and delicious but, it all depends on how is being prepared. So that notion must come to an end with this simple baked chicken breast recipe.
Baked chicken breast is a good source of protein, they are lean meat, and similarly, it contains vitamin B-12, omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, iron, low fat and does not increase risk factors of cardiovascular heart disease.
How long can You Bake chicken Breast?
How long you can bake chicken breast may as well varies, and depend on the sizes of chicken on ground, a medium size chicken takes between 20 – 25 minutes while larger sizes take about 30 – 35 minutes.
However, the baking time allows the marinate chicken absorb all ingredients into the chicken breast, in the same vein, the dark brown color is achieved since it’s evenly baked at that point looking spicy, juicy and appetizing.
At what temperature can you bake chicken breast?
There are different opinions as to what temperature you can bake chicken breast, some bake slowly, on the other hand, some bake on high heat, but for me, I love baking in a moderate-high at 400F.
This enables the marinated baked chicken breast cook well not getting burnt and stick to the baking pan.
Another Secret in baking chicken breast
There is this secret I learnt in baking chicken breast, do you know you can soak (brine) chicken breast in salt water for 15 – 20 minutes before taking other necessary steps to bake.
It enables the salt penetrates inside the entire chicken given it a taste as if it’s pre-cooked or parboil before baking.
- 4 pieces (1 pound) skinless and boneless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
Chicken Seasoning mixtures.
- Pinch of salt
- 1 sachet Onga chicken (mama’s helping hand)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon dry thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- First of all, wash the chicken after that, in a bowl rub salt all over the chicken and soak in water for like 10 – 15 minutes.
- Secondly, remove chicken from salt water and place on the sieve to drain, thereafter, rub olive oil all over the chicken this will allow other ingredients stick when applied.
- Thirdly, mix all ingredients in a bowl and toss the chicken into the mixture as you marinate properly.
- In addition heat, the oven at 400F ready to bake
- Then sprinkle olive oil in the baking pan as you place the marinated chicken in the pan allowing space in between each chicken breast.
- Bake for about 15 minutes thereafter, flip to the other side and bake for another 15 minutes
- Finally, remove from oven and allow resting for another 10 -15 minutes.
The reason why it’s been allows resting is because the juice will properly circulate around the chicken breast making it juicy and spicy living it tender and soft to consume beyond measure.
Serve and enjoy either as a side dish or a complete meal.