Sandwich toast recipe is easy, fast, and simple to make, and it’s so delicious. During my school day, I can’t get enough of these sandwiches each time I am back for the holidays. Since I am a great fan of it, my parents will always make it at home.
Today’s bread recipe is a simple and classic toast sandwich recipe that provides a healthy nutritious and tasty breakfast for a productive day!
This sandwich is best served for breakfast and at social gatherings. It’s also a great recipe for kids’ homemade goodies. Well, I love my sandwich toast bread with tea. It’s so popular in our house that my mum serves it as an evening snack especially the spicy veg toast sandwich.
Unfortunately, it is not a surprise that sandwich toasts Nigerian bread is a favorite breakfast; not only in Nigeria but also all over the world for millions of adults and children.
WHICH VEGETABLES SHOULD BE USED IN THIS RECIPE?
You should use any vegetable that goes in a salad for veggie stuffing. Although thin slices of tomatoes, green bell pepper, onion, Red bell pepper, and cucumber are still favorites.
However, vegetables such as carrots, cabbage, and beetroot, among others, can be added. In this recipe, I like to use seasonal salad vegetables. This is also a perfect way to serve vegetables to your children. Try serving vegetables in this manner; they wouldn’t be unable to ignore it.
These spicy and healthy sandwiches can be eaten hot or warm. You can as well make all of the sandwiches at the same time. Finally, just before serving, toast or grill them.
Homemade quick nutritious Vegetable toast sandwich can be prepared in different forms and they all turn out delicious.
Different Types of Sandwich Toast
Sandwich Toast comes in several varieties such as:
- Vegan sandwich
- Sandwich toast pizza
- Tuna sandwich
- Club Sandwich
- Egg sandwich
- Chicken sandwich
- Cheese sandwich
- Avocado sandwich
- Mayo sandwich
- Ham sandwich
- Turkey sandwich
- Beef sandwich
How to make Nigerian Sandwich Toast Bread
A sandwich maker is all you need to make sandwich toast; if you don’t have one, then a grill pan else fry pan will also work fine.
- 8 pieces of white sandwich bread
- 1 medium-size sliced onion
- 1 medium-size sliced Green Bell pepper
- 1 medium-size sliced Red Bell pepper
- 1/2 small size sliced beetroot
- 1/2 cup slices of cucumber
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon butter for spreading over the bread
- First and foremost, wash all vegetables and slice separately, and set aside.
- Secondly, place 8 bread slices on a clean and dry pan or surface. Gently apply butter on both slices of bread.
- Thirdly, sprinkle salt mix with black pepper over all the slices of bread.
- Start arranging all veggies on the slice bread one after the other; first with the onion, bell peppers, beetroot, carrots, and cucumber.
- Next is to cover bread containing vegetables with the bread slice
- Preheat your sandwich toaster or grill and arrange the bread on the toaster, thereafter, cover and bake/cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- Lastly, remove from sandwich toaster; use a knife and cut it into diagonal and these will automatically turn into the usual triangle shape sandwich bread toast.
- Finally, serve hot or warm with a cup of hot chocolate tea for perfect breakfast food.
Enjoy your tasty and delicious toast sandwich bread!