Tomato egg recipe is a simple side dish made with tomatoes and eggs; its popularly called egg sauce used as a dip for boiled yams, potatoes, fried or boiled plantains.
Tomato with eggs is one of the simplest egg dishes you can make at home that is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner; It’s one of Nigerian staple foods.
Basically, there are different methods of making tomato egg sauce; such as egg sauce with carrot, plantain and egg sauce, egg sauce with sardine, egg sauce for bread, and egg sauce with vegetable.
Moreover, the versatile nature of this tomato with egg recipe makes it unique because you can easily adjust the recipe to your taste and still achieve spicy delicacy at the end.
Similarly, canned tomatoes can equally be used in place of fresh tomatoes in making this delicious meal of egg dip. Follow the steps writing in this article to prepare a simple and nice dish you will enjoy with a picture that shows how it will look.
How to Make Tomato Egg Sauce for Yam
Click Here to Watch Video Now
- 1/4 Tuber of yam
- 4 eggs
- 4 medium-size tomatoes
- 1 medium-size onion
- 4 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 seasoning cube
- 1/4 tsp curry powder or cinnamon powder (Optional)
- Salt to Taste
How to cook Yam
- First of all, peel the skin and cut into chunk cubes or 1 -inch round shape, or matchstick depending on the size you want.
- Secondly, rinse in clean running water and ensure no remnant in water.
- Transfer to a clean pot, pour in enough water that covers the yam, add salt and cook in stove till yam becomes soft.
- Check by piercing with either fork or knife, then remove from heat and drain water.
How to Make Tomato Egg Recipe
- Wash and dice your fresh tomatoes, onions, and pepper then set-aside
- Next bring vegetable oil to heat in a frying pan or woks, stir in your onions and stir fry for 30 seconds, after that, stir in the diced tomatoes and pepper and fry for about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Thirdly, add in your seasoning cube, spice, and salt to taste.
- Finally, break eggs into a deep bowl whisk properly and pour into the tomato stew; gently stir in a circular motion and allow frying for like 2 minutes.
Remove from heat after 2 minutes, and serve in a flat plate with your already boiled yam.
Serve and enjoy your tasty and delicious food!