Egg sauce recipe is a dish cook with tomato, egg, pepper, onion, vegetable oil, and seasoning cube. It’s typically one of Nigerian staple food that is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Basically, there are different types of egg sauce recipes such as the regular
- Tomato and egg recipe
- Egg sauce with vegetable fluted pumpkin leave (Ugu)
- Corn beef egg stew
- Egg sauce with carrot and green peas.
Homemade yam and eggs with tomato sauce are very easy to make for the family either with tin tomatoes, puree tomato paste or fresh tomatoes.
How to Cook Egg Sauce Recipe with Yam
- Yam tuber thin slices
- ½ teaspoon salt
Ingredients for Egg Sauce
- 4 medium-size tomatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 medium-size onion
- ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 3 pieces scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 seasoning cube
- Salt to taste
- First of all, peel the yam tuber and slice, after that, wash and place in a pot
- Secondly, pour in water add salt and cook to soften, drain water out from yam cover and set aside in a food cooler.
- Thirdly, wash and slice your tomatoes, onions, and pepper separately, furthermore, in a deep bowl break the egg sprinkle salt and whisk until both egg yolk and while is properly mixed, keep aside until ready for use.
- Fourthly, in a frying pan, heat up your vegetable oil, stir in the sliced onions, tomatoes, and pepper.
- Finally, stir fry the tomatoes until dry when it starts sticking to the frying pan, at this point add in the seasoning cube.
- Lastly, pour in the whisked eggs then allow frying for 4-5 minutes before removing from heat, wow sauce for yam is ready.
Serve with boiled yam and enjoy!