Fried fish recipe is usually tasty and delicious, it is also important to understand how to deep fry fish for a good crispy texture, easy to eat either alone or as a side dish to a meal.
Basically, there are different methods on how to fry fish and how long to fry fish, in the segment of how long it takes to fry fish depends on the kind of fish you are frying.
However, some kind of fish takes longer time to fry in other to achieve that crispy look even as it shrinks in size, while thinly slice fish tend to fry faster than whole fish or chunky slices of fish.
Similarly, homemade fried fish can also be deep into a batter for coating before frying either on deep fryer or in a pan, it’s easy to prepare dish and a great combination to other food.
Different styles on how to deep fry fish
- Deep fry fish with flour
- It can be fried with sprinkling of salt only
- It can be deep fry with egg and flour mixture
Ingredients for Fried fish
- 1 big size of fish (fresh or frozen fish)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground dry chili pepper
- 1 Maggi cube
- ½ teaspoon ginger/garlic powder (optional)
- Enough cooking vegetable oil for frying
Method of preparing deep fry fish
- First and foremost, cut the fish into chunks of slices, after that, wash thoroughly and also remove the guts.
- Secondly, in a deep bowl, mix your ingredients, the salt, curry, chili pepper, Maggi, and ginger
- Thirdly, gently massage the already mixed ingredients into the fish and allow marinating for like 45-60 minutes in the fridge.
- Finally, pour in the vegetable oil into the deep fryer or frying pan, then heat up the oil; gradually pour in the marinated fish inside the hot oil.
- In addition, fry to slightly dry and turns golden brown, at this point, turn to the other side and fry in the same manner until well cooked on both sides.
- Remove from heat and transfer into a paper towel-lined in a sieve, allow cooling before serving.
Serve and enjoy!