Wholemeal spaghetti recipe for weight loss is nutritious and delicious durum wheat pasta cooked with spicy ingredients that you will enjoy and still maintain healthy weight diet plan.
Whole wheat Orzo pasta is gotten from whole grains which are lower in calories and carbs, on the other hand, it is rich in fiber and micronutrients that are essential for optimal body function.
Whole-grain pasta can easily be part of your weight-loss food, in Nigeria, durum spaghetti or organic whole wheat pasta is not a common recipe compared to the usual spaghetti pasta everyone is so familiar with.
Meanwhile, whole wheat spaghetti recipe helps lower appetite makes you full after eating compared to refined pasta which leaves you craving a few minutes or moment after eaten.
Homemade wholemeal spaghetti is very easy to cook; it shouldn’t be considered only as a weight-loss food, but rather, be seen as a healthy meal for those who want to maintain a good lifestyle too.
How to Make Wholemeal Spaghetti Recipe for Weight Loss
- 1 packet durum wheat pasta
- 1 medium-size onion
- 4 medium-size fresh tomatoes
- 1 small tin tomato paste
- 5 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1 kg fish or chicken
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup green bean
- 2 teaspoons crayfish
- 1 teaspoon curry and thyme each
- 2 Knorr cubes
- 2 cooking spoons vegetable oil
- 2 pieces sausage meat (finely sliced)
- Salt to taste
- First of all, clean the fish and wash, place on a sieve sprinkle salt, heat up oil in a pot and fry the fish to dry on both sides, remove from heat then set aside.
- Secondly, wash and slice your carrots, green bean, onion, after that, wash your tomatoes, pepper, and blend to smooth.
- Thirdly, in parboil your whole wheat spaghetti and keep aside.
- Finally, in a pot bring oil to hot, stir in the onion stir fry for 2 minutes then pour in the blended tomatoes fry for about 3 minutes add the tin tomato paste and continue to stir fry until dry.
- Next step, add in the crayfish, curry, thyme, Knorr cubes, salt to taste, and enough water to cook, cover and allow boiling, stir in the durum wheat pasta and cook to soft.
- In conclusion, when the water is about to dry, create a hole at the middle of the pot and pour in the chopped carrot, green bean, and sausage, thereafter cover the hole and allows water to dry.
Remove from heat and allow sitting for another 5 minutes before you turn all ingredients together to mix properly.
Serve and enjoy!!
Other Recipe You will Love