Fried indomie, It’s a popular opinion that Indomie is food for children and bachelors but fried indomie is a tasty spicy food stuffed with carrot, green peas, onions, chili pepper, and boiled egg to compliment the delicious food.
Indomie instant noodle is a household name in Nigeria, virtually all kids love eating indomie. However, the different varieties of noodles being introduced in the market now interest the adults.
Indomie instant noodle contains approximately 320 calories, it is energy giving food, and in a small size of the 70 g pack contains about 1.2 g fibers, 7g protein, 58g carbohydrate.
In the same vein, they are fortified with vitamin A, vitamin B6, B-12, vitamin D, Iron, and folic acid, though is high in sodium content.
Hence, the stuffed carrots, green peas, and egg increase the nutrient content thereby making it a super-pack food needed in the body for optimal functioning.
What is Indomie Noodles Made with?
Indomie is made with wheat flour, thickener, vegetable oil, colour, salt iodized and acidity regulator a food additives used to maintain or change PH also serve as preservatives then steam dry and pack.
Powder seasoning ingredients: chicken flavor, iodised salt, chili powder, ginger, soy powder, spices, sugar, and yeast extract.
Oil seasoning ingredient: refined vegetable oil and onions
Does indomie causes weight Gain?
When it comes to how eating indomie can cause weight gain you are being advised to eat in moderation. Because, the higher the consumption the calories increases which certainly cause weight gain, it contains high sodium which might affect your blood pressure as well as fat.
The fiber content is low which means individual following a diet plan is bond to crave for food few hours after eating indomie, as a result, in between meals will likely set in and disrupt the diet plan already in existence.
How to Make Indomie less Fattening and more Healthier
Most importantly, there are some basic steps that needs to be taken in other to make indomie less fattening and more healthier such as
Try to avoid the oil and stop adding oil to it since, it has high oil content during the process of producing it.
Subsequently, fortify with lots of fresh veggies and other good source of protein in other to increase its nutritionals value
How to cook Fried Indomie Stuffed with Carrots and Green peas
Ingredients for Fried Indomie.
- 2 packs of indomie
- 1 large size Onions
- ½ cup green peas
- Spices (onga) optional
- 2 medium size carrots – finely diced
- 2 pieces of fresh pepper – well diced
- 1 boiled egg
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Method of preparing Fried Indomie
- First of all, wash your onions dice and share into 2 equal places.
- Secondly, in a clean pot, pour in 1 cup of water and boil
- Thirdly, pour the indomie into the boiling water add 1 position of the onions with little quantity of spices and cook for 3 minutes not allowing the water to dry completely.
- In addition, get your frying pan, pour in the vegetable oil, heat and add the remaining part of onions, green peas, pepper, spices, carrots and fry for 2 minutes.
- After that stir in the already cooked indomie, stir evenly to mix properly then return back to stove and cook for about 2 minutes and remove from stove
- Finally, your fried indomie stuffed with carrots and green peas is ready.
Serve and enjoy!
How to cook indomie with sardine
- 2 packs of indomie
- 1 sardine
- 1 cup green vegetables finely slice
- 4 pieces of fresh pepper – well diced
- 2 small size potatoes finely diced and fried
- 1 boiled egg
- In a clean pot, add 1 cup of water place on your stove or electric cooker, bring to boiling.
- Add the indomie, spice, onions, and pepper allowing cooking for 3 minutes
- Stir, then add the vegetables and sardine cook for 1 minute and remove from heat
- Serve with your fried potatoes and boiled egg.