Pizza rolls in air fryer or air fryer pizza rolls are finely made pizza dough filled with pizza sauce, cheese, pepperoni meat toppings; rolled up and baked using and an air fryer. It’s lovely comfort food and very easy to make recipe than you think, while the ingredients can always be adjusted to taste.
Air fryer pizza rolls are perfect for lunch box snacks it can also be enjoyed either hot or cold, which can simply be referred to as air fryer pizza pockets.
This homemade air fryer pizza roll is fully cooked in just 10 minutes! Either air fried or oven-baked. Moreover, these delicious pizza pockets are easily made with homemade dough from scratch, crispy outer with a fluffy center; Filled with cheese and your favorite toppings.
Basically, in this article, we get to learn how to cook pizza puff in the air fryer; and you will definitely love this air fryer snack that looks like cinnamon roll but no cinnamon in this case.
Cooking Pizza Roll in Air Fryer
Since you do not need oil to cook pizza rolls in an air fryer, you can make them without extra fat or calories; what an added advantage. Certainly, with an air fryer, there is no need to preheat oven. Additionally, these pizza rolls are cooked to perfection in just 10 minutes, making the air fryer more appealing than an oven, deep fryer, or microwave. And you can freeze them, microwave them and eat them on the go. These are well warmed up for a quick meal all through the week.
Frequently Asked Question About Pizza Rolls
Can I freeze pizza rolls?
Yes, they freeze well. Once they are cooked you can store them in an airtight container or ziplock bag. Keep them for several months.
Do I need to refrigerate pizza rolls?
Yes. It is important to store these in the refrigerator because of the meat and cheese in the rolls. Likewise, frozen pizza rolls can also be reheated.
How to heat a pizza roll?
You can also heat them in the microwave, oven, or air fryer. Place them on a baking sheet to heat in the oven and cover 350 for 10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 320 degrees for 5 minutes.
How to Cook Air Fryer Pizza Rolls Recipe
For The Pizza Dough
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon Instant active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 cup warm milk or water
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
Pizza Rolls Toppings
- 1 cup Pizza sauce – (tomato ketchup or tomato sauce)
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni or salami
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- First of all, in a deep bowl mix all pizza dough ingredients starting with the all-purpose flour, sugar, melted butter, salt, instant yeast, and warm milk or water.
- Mix properly to form a stretchy soft dough, thereafter, rub some vegetable oil allover and cover tightly with a thick towel; place in a warm area and allow to proof for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Secondly, when the dough has fully proof after 45 minutes, remove the towel, yuo will notice the flour has doubled its size, give it a punch to knock off the air.
- Next is to sprinkle some flour on a flat work surface, transfer the dough on the work surface and knead. Next is to use a rolling pin to flatten into a rectangle shape.
- Finally, spoon in the pizza sauce (tomato sauce or ketchup) on top of the dough and spread, sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese and gently place the pepperoni on it.
- Lastly is to roll the pizza dough to the end, then pinch the tips of the dough to seal the edge. Then cut into larger chunks of about 8 pieces.
Instructions for Air Fryer Lid
- In the basket of the air fryer, place a piece of parchment paper.
- Arrange the pizza rolls in the basket by properly setting then well.
- Finally, set the air fryer to 320F degrees and cook for 11 minutes, or until brown. Else heat for extra few minutes, and then remove from air fryer.
Serve with additional dipping pizza sauce if desired and enjoy!