The best goulash recipe for today is a tasty and delicious American beef goulash. Stew whipped in elbow macaroni and season with spices and red bell pepper commonly refers to as paprika.
Goulash is a predominantly Hungarian traditional delicacy that has gain popularity in different parts of Europe.
What is Goulash Exactly?
Goulash is a Hungarian (Gulyas Leves) soup of meat; basically seasoned with vegetables, paprika, and other spices with a long-simmering for a rich and thicker sauce. The Hungarian Cowboy or Herdsmen usually go on cattle drives and don’t hesitate to butcher any weak cow; that wouldn’t make it on their drive as they cook soup or stew with the meat. It can also be eaten with noodles, rice, corn, or as potato soup.
The American Goulash is slightly a different version of what the Hungarians enjoy. Today’s recipe is exactly the American goulash which is often called slumgullion; shares the same similarity with American chop suey a regular and comfort American dish.
The American goulash can easily be prepared as a casserole; with ketchup and cheese for a cheesy goulash that is delicious.
How to Cook the Best Goulash Recipe
- 1 pack elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- ½ or 1 kg ground beef
- 1 large onion (finely sliced)
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 Red bell pepper (paprika)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 3 cloves garlic diced
- Salt to taste
Directions on Best Goulash Recipe
- First of all, in a pot of boiling salted water; cook the macaroni to tender, drain the water, then rinse and set aside ready for use.
- Secondly, in a large skillet heat the oil, sauté the garlic; onions, and ground beef into the skillet. Stir continuously to break up the beef into smaller pieces, and season with salt. Cook until the beef color changes and soften for like 8-10 minutes.
- Thirdly, stir in the tomatoes and fry for 3 minutes before adding ½ cup of water; thereafter, add the cinnamon powder, chili pepper, seasoning cube, and salt to taste then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Finally, pour in the already cooked macaroni noodles and Red bell pepper into the skillet and mix properly; at this point, your delicious old fashion goulash is ready to be served.
Furthermore, Ingredients can be adjusted to taste; since mac and cheese can equally go well why not give it a trial. It’s comfort food that is inexpensive, simple, quite filling, and wholesome.
Serve and enjoy!