Chicken Kabab is a delicious appetizer that is flavorful, soft and juicy when properly grills. Certainly kabab is a healthy food option when is not being deep fried neither added to bread nor creamy salad.
Kebabs are skewer roasted meat and a very good source of protein, it also contains fat but it all depend the kind of meat used to make your kabab. However, a store bought kebabs might not be 100% healthy because of excess fat.
Homemade chicken kabab recipe is so easy to make at home even without oven by cooking on charcoal grill, suya style. This juicy chicken is greased and topped with pepper and the whole dish can be made ahead of time.
Types of Kebabs
- Pakistani chicken kabab recipe
- Indian chicken kebab
- Turkish chicken kabab recipe
- American kebob
How to Make Chicken Kabab Recipe
- 1 kg boneless chicken
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ bbq sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
Method of preparations
- First of all, get a clean deep bowl pour in your bbq sauce, add in your ginger, garlic, chili pepper, masala, lemon juice, cinnamon powder, paprika, veg oil, and salt to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients together, pour in the pieces chicken into the marinade and stir to coat well.
- Secondly, cover the marinated chicken and transfer into the fridge for like 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Thirdly, clean up your metal skewers or stick skewers, thereafter, thread the pieces of chicken into a skewer.
- Finally, heat up the oven and grill ensure you always rotate from time to time until chicken is well cooked through.
- Alternatively, heat up your charcoal oven and allow the fire to burn out; then gently place the marinated chicken on top of the charcoal grill to roast. Sprinkle some oil over the chicken while it roasts just like we roast suya meat in Nigeria.
Roast until meat is cooked doneness, remove from charcoal rack.
Serve and enjoy!