Cinnamon and Bay Leaf Tea for Weight Loss – Bay Leaf and Cinnamon tea for weight loss | Bay Leaf and Cinnamon Tea Health Benefits
Cinnamon and bay leave are similar in that both plants have a distinctive flavor and aroma. Both cinnamon and bay leaves also have numerous health benefits when it comes to weight loss, although they have different uses. Meanwhile, they’re completely different plants with distinct growing habits, appearances, and nutritional components.
Bay leaf and cinnamon have diuretic and purifying qualities that are beneficial for more than just weight loss. They also aid in the treatment of a variety of digestive issues.
Cinnamon is the bark of an evergreen tree native to Sri Lanka and other parts of Southeast Asia. Bay leaves are the aromatic leaves of laurel, or bay tree, native to Asia Minor and the Mediterranean region. Although their uses may be very different, the benefits of cinnamon and bay leaves are equally impressive, especially in weight loss.
Tea with Bay Leaf and Cinnamon
Tea with cinnamon and bay leaves is a popular beverage. Its dietary profile encourages healthy weight loss while avoiding intestinal inflammation.
While it isn’t a magic weight-loss product, many who incorporate it into their diet see incredible results. However, speaking with an endocrinologist is the greatest method to lose weight in a safe and healthy way.
All You Need To Know About Cinnamon and Bay Leaf Tea for Weight Loss
Cinnamon increases metabolism and aids weight loss, so the combination of bay leaves and cinnamon will work faster.
Everyone knows cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties but did you know that bay leaf also has anti-inflammatory properties? Both of these spices have been used for centuries to reduce swelling and pain associated with arthritis, gout, and other inflammatory conditions.
However, they are also both excellent sources of antioxidants. Antioxidants combat the effects of free radicals that cause cell damage and accelerate the aging process.
Cinnamon and bay leave both contain a compound called cinnamaldehyde. This is the chemical responsible for the spicy, peppery taste of cinnamon in its raw state (as opposed to ground cinnamon).
Research suggests that cinnamaldehyde also stimulates the production of glucosylated proteins in cells. These proteins also help neutralize free radicals in our bodies. In addition to their anti-inflammatory properties, both spices have many other benefits as well.
Your Metabolism is Regulated by Cinnamon and Bay Leaf Tea
Bay leaf and cinnamon also help to promote circulation and liver function. As a result, they increase your metabolism, making it easier for you to burn fat.
Cinnamon and bay leaf is an excellent combination for controlling your metabolism. Bay leaf, for example, aids in the removal of toxins while also lowering uric acid and blood sugar levels.
You must keep in mind, however, that bay leaves are not edible. Always remember to take them off before serving your food or drinking your tea.
It should be emphasized that diabetics will benefit greatly from this tea. Cinnamon, like bay leaf, has been shown in certain trials to help lower blood sugar levels.
The Health Benefits of Bay Leaf and Cinnamon
Cinnamon and Bay leaf have long been used to counteract colds, flu, digestion issues, stress, and even insomnia.
- The laurel leaves can also help to relieve stress.
- Bay leaf tea is used to treat cancer by certain people due to its therapeutic characteristics.
- Even though bay leaf tea is high in vitamin C, it benefits the immune system and contains antibacterial characteristics that help prevent illness.
- Its anti-inflammatory characteristics help to keep your body from being inflamed.
- Because of its potent combination of potassium, antioxidants, and iron, bay leaf tea is beneficial for your heart. These nutrients aid in heart function as well as blood pressure reduction.
- Bay leaves are also excellent for activating the gastrointestinal tract and encouraging urine, which helps with digestion. It’s also a great way to keep constipation at bay.
- When you have type 2 diabetes, bay leaves can help you with your glucose and lipid profile. Bay leaf tea is therefore very efficient in the treatment of type 2 diabetes and enhances insulin sensitivity.
Side Effects Cinnamon and Bay Leaf Tea for Weight Loss
Medicinal herbs can have a lot of beneficial effects on the body, but they can also have negative effects. It’s best to avoid the bay leaf and cinnamon tea under the following circumstances: kidneys, liver, and heart problems.
Lactation and pregnancy Bay leaf and cinnamon haven’t been studied for their potential impacts outside of meals.
Consult your doctor before consuming this tea when using certain pharmaceutical drugs may interact with the active principles of plants.
How to Make Cinnamon and Bay Leaf Tea for Weight Loss
- 6 bay leaves.
- 1 teaspoon or stick of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of honey or lemon (optional)
Instructions on How to Make Cinnamon and Bay Leaf Tea for Weight Loss
- Firstly, rinse the bay leaves, then bring water to a boil in a clean saucepan.
- Secondly, add a stick or 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and your bay leaves, stir and cover.
- Thirdly, allow to boil for about 5 minutes or lower the heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes whichever way is fine.
- Finally, remove from the heat, stir and sieve into a glass cup.
- To taste, add any desired sweetener honey, or lemon juice.
How to Drink Cinnamon and Bay Leaf Tea for Weight Loss
One glass cup should be taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. The next is at night before bedtime take 1 cup of bayleaf cinnamon tea.