Crispy Homemade onion rings are usually golden, crunchy, and perfect for an appetizer. It’s a very popular snack in The United States especially in fast food restaurants.
The secret to a perfect onion ring starts with the batter. The batter must have the right flavors as it enables you to appreciate the onion taste. This recipe will make your onion rings completely crispy every time. Onion rings chips are great as a side dish, on hot dogs, hamburgers, and more!
These delicious appetizers are easy to make at home, However, homemade onion rings can be fried or baked in the oven. These sweet old fashion onions wrapped in a perfectly made batter and panko breadcrumbs are just as delicious as any restaurant version.
Basically, there are different ways to make this Vegan onion rings recipe such as onion rings without milk, traditional onion rings without bread crumbs; air fryer onion rings pancake batter, no panko recipe, and many more.
How to Make Crispy Onion Rings Recipe
- 1 large onion
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon paprika or 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- First of all, slice the onions like ¼ inch thickness into rings; in a skillet pan, pour in the oil, and preheat on medium-high or 375 degrees if you are going to bake in oven.
- Secondly, in another small bowl add the flour, salt, and baking powder. Break eggs and whisk in another bowl. Similarly, in the last flat dish pour in the Panko breadcrumbs, paprika, and garlic powder; mix properly to combine and set aside.
- Thirdly, dip one onion ring into the flour mixture, then transfer to the whisked egg; and lastly, dip into the Panko/bread crumbs mixture. Repeat the process with all of the onion rings.
- Finally, gently drop the onion rings into the oil and fry till they are golden brown.
Serve with favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!