Deep fried sweet potato fries recipe served with honey chicken and the dipping sauce is a dish of natural sweetness that is absolutely healthy with low-calorie content.
Sweet potato deep fries without cornstarch is easy to make at home and kid’s favorite chips recipe especially when cut in chips shape.
On the other hand, fried chicken glazed with honey and red tomato stew as a side dish to accompany the deep fried sweet potato chips are termed double dose of a real diet.
However, Pan Fry sweet potato fries is another comfort food that is healthy, Nigerian sweet potato recipes are not complete without making Ata DinDin sauce since it among what goes well with sweet potatoes fried food.
How to Make Deep Fried Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- 3 medium-size sweet potatoes
- Enough vegetable oil
- Salt (optional)
How to make Honey Chicken Recipe
- 5 pieces of chicken wings
- Onion (finely sliced)
- Curry and thyme
- Seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Deep-fried sweet potato fries
- Honey chicken
- Red tomato stew
- Step 1: peel the skin, slice thinly and wash properly, thereafter soak in water for like 30-45 minutes. Well soaked sweet potatoes usually cook and fried at the same time, crispy skin soft fluffy inside.
- Step2: sieve out the water, sprinkle kosher salt, bring the oil to heat in a frying pan, stir in the sliced sweet potatoes and fry on both sides to dry.
- Thirdly, remove from heat to paper towel-lined in a sieve and place aside.
- Finally, wash and spice chicken with curry, ginger, and thyme, seasoning cubes, onions, and salt, after that, cook to tender.
- In addition, using the same oil in the frying pan, fry until color turns brown then remove and glazed with honey, then transfer to the oven to grill for about 15 minutes.
- Lastly, this delicious food will be served with our already cooked Red Tomato Stew.
Serve and enjoy!