Easy Applesauce Recipe is a simple and healthy snack or dessert fruit that can be enjoyed by everyone. Applesauce also serves as a great dipping or garnishing; homemade applesauce can either be sweet or unsweetened and well flavored.
Grandma’s homemade applesauce recipe is a great pair with latkes potato pancakes. Basically, there are different kinds of applesauce such as chunky applesauce, canning applesauce, smooth applesauce, and the likes.
Moreover, the unsweetened applesauce is sometimes used as an egg substitute in baking recipes. This quick and easy applesauce recipe can be made with no extra sugar added; I prefer the sugar free applesauce without adding any sweetener but rather use sweet apples for this dish.
Is It Possible Making Applesauce in a Crockpot/ Slow Cooker or Instant Pot?
Yes, you can make apple sauce using a slow cooker by transferring the chopped apples and other ingredients into a slow cooker instead of your normal cooking pot. Slow cooker takes longer time to cook because the electrical appliance simmer on a very low temperature compared to your stove when cooking. Crockpot may take up to 4 hours making applesauce while instant pot will only take between 15-20 minutes.
How Long Can You Store Applesauce in the Fridge?
It can be preserved for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator provided it’s in an airtight container. Sincerely, it is always advisable to make it fresh and preserve for 3-5 days at most.
How to Make Easy Applesauce Recipe
- 4-6 medium-size apples
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (optional)
- First of all, wash and peel the skin, then core the apple, thereafter, chop into chunks.
- Secondly, transfer chunks apples into a clean pot; add your cinnamon, maple syrup, and water; boil over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Lower the heat allow simmering, and then stirring occasionally till the apples start falling apart and soft.
- Uncover and simmer for another 5 minutes to thicken
- For a chunky applesauce mash the apples using a masher, but for this article, we’re making a smooth consistency. Pour into a blender or food processor and puree to smooth.
- Finally, add the lemon juice and adjust to taste; at this point your delicious fast and easy applesauce is ready.
Serve and enjoy chill or warm!