Egg McMuffin is a tasty breakfast sandwich made with egg, a slice of cheese, sausage on a toasted English muffin that is perfect for breakfast. Egg McMuffins a McDonald’s breakfast signature sandwiches are also sold in fast food eateries and top restaurants.
Unarguably, just like the saying goes that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Nevertheless some people like to skip breakfast, while some don’t even have time to make breakfast. So hitting fast food joint is often the only option, in any case, choosing this delicious meal for breakfast is equally healthy with moderate calories.
This signature Egg Muffin recipe was innovated by Herb Peterson in 1972. Although similar to egg Benedict, made with English muffins, eggs and ham a traditional American dish for breakfast. It also serve as a snack if need be.
Homemade bacon/sausage and egg McMuffins is a very easy and simple food to make, especially when making a quick breakfast for the family.
How to Make Egg McMuffin Recipe at Home
- 4 English muffins
- 4 Slices Sausage beacon
- 1 cup of water
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Slices of American Cheese
- First of all, Split into two English Muffins and transfer them into a toaster; and toast the English Muffins until golden brown.
- Secondly, bring to heat a non-stick skillet pan, grease with oil and cook your Canadian bacon for 2 minutes on both sides; and allow to brown.
- Thirdly, brush the inside of a metal ring with oil and then place it in the frying pan. Pour in enough water that will cover the base of the ring, then bring to the boil.
- Crack the eggs into the rings, cover the pan and allow cooking until the eggs are set for about 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, remove the eggs from the rings; next is to gently place one egg on each on the English muffin bottom followed by the Sausage meat.
- Lastly, arrange your McMuffin by layering the patty and egg on top of a slice of cheese and cover with the second slit of the English muffin.
Serve and enjoy!