Learn how to make great fluffy homemade mashed potatoes any time; it’s creamy and delicious! The following pointers will help you achieve excellence each time it been prepared.
Potatoes are delightful when fried, baked, or cooked in a casserole. We love homemade mashed potatoes.
However, everyone appears to have a preferred way to prepare mashed potatoes. Some of them cook with the peel on, some of them without peel. For added starch, some people add a little of the cooking water to the mashed potatoes.
Basically, the kind of potatoes you use, I’ve discovered, is the most important factor in making perfect creamy, mashed potatoes recipe.
Homemade mashed potatoes without milk is another way of making this simple Vegan dish, cheese is also used in place of butter; while you can add flavor and garlic to spice up their mashed potatoes.
In Nigeria, mashed potatoes is commonly referred to as food for babies; although babies can eat this. But this food is food adult and can be served with meatballs, Catfish, Barbecue and the likes.
How to Make Homemade Mashed Potatoes Recipe with Milk
- 2 pounds potatoes (Irish Potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- First of all, peel your potatoes, cut, and wash. Place in a saucepan/pot, pour in cold water in the pot until the potatoes are well covered, then add half a teaspoon of salt into the water.
- Secondly, place on your stove cover and bring the water to a boil. Cook until you can easily poke through the potatoes with a fork or knife, for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Thirdly, prep the butter and milk this is done when your potatoes are still cooking, melt the butter and milk by heating them together in a pan on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Finally, Drain and mash the potatoes, using an electric beater or potato masher, slowly blend milk mixture into potatoes until smooth and creamy.
- Lastly, season with salt and pepper to taste, at this point your food is ready!
Serve and enjoy with toppings.