Popcorn chicken recipe KFC style is a tasty and delicious crunchy fried chicken spice and coated with bread crumbs or flour. Popcorn chicken is a popular menu in most eateries around the world; the idea was first developed by KFC.
Basically, spicy chicken popcorn is a dish that comprises of small, bite-sized chicken pieces; that is spiced and coated with flour or breadcrumbs then deep-fried into a golden yellow color. Finally, enjoy with a nice popcorn chicken sauce of your choice.
You will be amazed at how simple this homemade popcorn chicken KFC is. The good thing is that it only needs a few ingredients to make and either you deep fry or bake.
Buttermilk Popcorn Chicken
The best popcorn chicken should be soft and juicy in the middle nicely crispy on the outside. Moreover, marinating in buttermilk is the perfect key to softening the fried chicken; it was so delicious and tasty and favorite to lots of people.
However, buttermilk is not a most used, so you can equally marinate with normal milk; while some marinate without milk at all.
How Long Should Popcorn Chicken Be Marinated?
Marinating chicken popcorn all depends on how much time you have at hand. Well if you’re not in a haste making it overnight is beautiful, this enables all popcorn chicken ingredients to penetrate into the chicken before frying. Else minimum should be one hour.
How to Make Popcorn Chicken Recipe KFC Style
- 1 kg boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into cubes or chunk)
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground paprika
- Vegetable oil for frying
Method of Preparation
- First and foremost, wash and cut your boneless chicken into small pieces of equal sizes cube form. Thereafter, place in a bowl and mix the chicken pieces with salt, garlic, soy sauce, ginger, pepper, and buttermilk; combine properly.
- Secondly, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, this can as well be left overnight to marinate.
- Thirdly, mix all-purpose flour, salt, ginger, and pepper for coating. Then coat chicken in flour mixture, dip one after the other in flour mixture. Toss and turn the chicken in the mixture until covered with flour.
- Prior to this, in a frying pan or skillet pan pour the required amount of vegetable oil that will be enough to fry; heat until the oil is hot.
- Gently, place the coated chicken into the heated oil; don’t stir immediately for like one or two minutes this prevents the coated flour mixture from scattering in the oil.
- Finally, ensure you don’t pour too many chickens in the pan at the same time; just deep fry your coated chicken in batches. Stir occasionally, cook well for about 7 minutes or until chicken crisp on the outside and soft on the inside; and color turns golden yellow.
- Remove from oil and transfer to a paper towel, allow draining.
Serve and enjoy or pair with ketchup or mayo dipping sauce.