Potato Hash Recipe – How to Make Potato Hash Recipe | Breakfast Potato Hash
The delicious dish that is potato hash is a staple in many households. This is because it is a fast, easy-to-make dish that can be spiced up any way you want. From the potatoes to the seasoning, to the cooking method, you can change what you put in it to be anything you want. It is the perfect dish to have in your back pocket to whip up when you need it.
If you’re hungry for hash, but don’t feel like eating the same old version with diced potatoes, onions, and maybe some bell peppers or bacon… then this article is for you. It can be fun to mix things up once in a while and create new flavors with your favorite veggies. Here are some unique ideas for your next breakfast hash: desserts or potato hash dinner.
It’s an interesting take on the typical breakfast staple that is reminiscent of the flavors typically found in steak and potatoes.
What are the best potatoes for hash?
Although they won’t become as crisp as russets, Yukon Gold potatoes provide a good balance of creaminess and crispness. The final outcome can be greatly influenced by the type of potato you use. New potatoes and waxy red potatoes cook up so nicely and creamy, but they are pretty awful at getting a crisp crust.
You can as well use sweet potatoes for a delicious hash recipe popularly called sweet potato hash.
Why do they call potatoes hash?
The French word “hacher,” which means to hack or chop, is where the word “hash” first appeared. Consequently, hash browned potatoes is a literal translation of “chopped and fried potatoes.”
Where is potato hash from?
A dish called hash is made up of potatoes, fried onions, and chopped meat. The name comes from the French verb hacher, which means “to chop.” It started out as a way to finish off leftovers. By the 1860s, a cheap eatery in the USA was known as a “hash house” or “hashery.”
What are shredded potatoes called?
So the hash brown potatoes are “chopped and fried potatoes.” The dish was originally known as “hashed and browned potatoes,” before its name was abbreviated to “hash browns.”
Why are hash browns so good?
The secret to their exceptional flavor is the natural beef flavor. The McDonald’s hash browns are prepared the same way as any other brunch hash brown until the potatoes are fried. Russet potatoes are first placed whole into a grater, where they are then cut into strips.
How to Make Potato Hash Recipe
How to Prepare a Potato Hash a step-by-step guide to a fast, easy-to-make dish
Ingredients Potato Hash
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (Vegetable oil)
- 1 red bell peppers
- 1 green bell pepper
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- 1 Seasoning cube
- salt to taste
Ground Beef Or Chicken for Potato Hash
- 1 lb ground Beef or chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Tsp Thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Instructions on How to Make Potato Hash
- Firstly, peel and cut potatoes into ½” cubes; thereafter, wash and dice your vegetables and set them aside
- Secondly, in a clean nonstick skillet pour in your 2 tsp veg oil allow to heat and stir in the sliced onions stir fry and add the ground beef, smoked paprika, thyme, and salt. Allow to cook as you stir occasionally until tender and soft. Remove from heat and set aside
- Thirdly, preheat the oil in a nonstick skillet or in a frying pan over medium heat. Stir in the potatoes, toss to coat with oil, then place a lid on the pan. Allow the potatoes to cook for about 8 minutes while you stir occasionally.
- Add the bell peppers, seasoning cube, freshly ground black pepper, already fried chicken or beef, and salt. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes and vegetables turn golden brown.
Serve with Avocado pear and Enjoy!
In other to make a delicious Vegetarian potato hash there should be some sort of substitutions use tofu instead of chicken or beef, Add parmesan cheese, and when frying the potatoes use unsalted butter in place of veg oil.