Rice and Banana Recipe – How to Make Banana Rice
Rice and banana taste real good with combos of flavor coming from the tomato stew, white rice, and ripe yellow banana. Banana rice recipe is a tasty and delicious dish at all time, only very few top restaurants can serve this kind of delicacy.
Banana rice is a staple Somalia dish and also a popular Mexican dish as well; eating rice with banana is just one of the best ways of enjoying a typical rice dish that is perfect for either lunch or dinner.
Basically, there are days you will love to have banana mashed up with rice in your mouth as you enjoy the sweet taste of this wonderful combination.
Yellow ripe banana can also be used as a side dish in rice recipe especially Nigerian Jollof Rice. But for this recipe, we’re making white rice, tomato stew with chicken or beef, and banana as a side dish to complement our food.
Health benefits of Banana Fruit
Banana is a good source of vitamins and minerals such as Folate, calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, B6, niacin, and riboflavin. This entire nutrient aids in the proper functioning of the human body for a healthy living. Banana is known to be a superfruit because of the high content of potassium seen in banana.
Frequently Asked Questions About Banana Rice
Can you mix rice and banana?
Certainly, you can feed a baby a mixture of banana and rice pudding. You can mix rice dish and banana fruit and consume as a healthy meal.
Is banana with rice good?
Yes! Bananas and rice combination is good, soft, and low in fiber, making them easily absorbed and capable of aiding in the binding of other foods in your stomach. They help replenish minerals that are deficient during periods of persistent diarrhea.
How can I make rice more appealing?
- Add egg to your rice
- Add Beans
- Mix in Salsa
- Add Salad
- Mix with vegetables
Is banana good for diet?
A healthy diet should also include bananas since they offer a variety of essential nutrients and are a strong source of fiber. Despite the fact that eating bananas won’t cause you to lose weight, some of its benefits could help you feel less bloated, have more control over your appetite, and avoid processed sugars.
How to Make Banana Rice Recipe
- 2 cups of Rice (white, Basmati, or Brown rice)
- 2 cups of fresh tomato puree
- 100mg tin tomato paste
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large onions (finely sliced)
- ½ teaspoon curry, Thyme each
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- ½ cup veg oil
- 1 kg chicken or Beef
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 1 sachet Onga seasoning stew
- Salt to taste
- 2 ripe yellow bananas fruit
Method of Preparing Banana Rice
- First and foremost, wash and cook your rice until completely soft, remove from heat and keep aside.
- Secondly, wash the meat, spice with onions, seasoning cube, curry, thyme, and salt, thereafter, cook until meat is soft and tender. Remove from heat and fry the meat though it is optional else set aside too.
- Thirdly, bring your vegetable oil to heat, stir in the sliced onions and fry for about 2 minutes, then pour in the tomato puree and fry for 5 minutes before adding the tin tomatoes, fry to dry as you turn constantly to avoid getting burnt.
- Finally, pour in the meat stock and the meat, add little water to it, most importantly, add pepper, Onga stew, seasoning cube, nutmeg, curry, thyme, and salt to taste.
- In addition, cook your tomato stew for another 10-15 minutes as all ingredients are properly mixed with a sweet aroma coming from your pot of stew.
- At this point the stew is ready, Remove from heat cover and allow resting for 2 minutes.
Serve and enjoy your meal with 1-2 ripe yellow bananas just like the picture on this article.
Frequently Asked Question on Banana Rice
Why is rice pudding nutritious? Healthy
Rice pudding gives the body important vitamins like B1 and B2, as well as minerals like potassium and magnesium.
If the rice is cooked with cow’s milk, rice pudding also contains calcium, iodine, and zinc in one serving. It also contains vitamins A, B, D, E, and K.
Where does rice with bananas come from?
Served on a banana or plantain leaf, banana leaf rice is a well-liked and traditional dish in South India and Malaysia. White rice is placed in the middle of the long green leaves, which are laid out as a surface for eating, and is surrounded by side dishes that are typically vegetarian.
What should banana not be eaten with?
Do not combine sweet and acidic fruits. Fruits that are acidic or slightly acidic, such as grapefruits, strawberries, apples, pomegranates, and peaches, shouldn’t be combined with sweet fruits like bananas and raisins. This is because it frequently results in headaches, acidosis, nausea, and digestive issues.
Can we cook banana?
Bananas can really enhance their flavor when cooked. Bananas’ sugars start to caramelize as they cook, bringing out their inherent sweetness and enhancing the flavor of the fruit. It aids in creating a quick dessert or healthy treat.
What food Cannot mix banana?
For better digestion, avoid combining sweet fruits like bananas and raisins with acidic fruits like grapefruits and strawberries, or sub-acidic foods like apples, pomegranates, and peaches. You can, however, combine fruits with different acid levels. Guavas and bananas should not be combined for a similar reason.
Is 2 bananas a day too much?
Even though they are packed with vital nutrients, eating too much of them could have a negative impact. Nutrient deficiencies and weight gain may result from consuming too much of any food. Its healthy, so to consume one to two bananas daily is considered a moderate intake.