Rice balls recipe is a delicacy made with rice and stuffed with some spicy food ingredients then rolled into a round ball and deep-fried to a golden brown color. It’s has a crispy outer and a moist inner.
Basically, rice balls are common recipes among the Korean, Japanese, Chinese, and Italian. It’s a delicious food with meat filling depending on how you want to make the arancini balls.
However homemade rice balls can be cooked with some leftover rice as they are perfect for finger food in parties, appetizers, or snacks which can be served with tasty and well spiced tomato sauce or vegetables.
Using your favorite rice recipes but make sure it produces a rich, dish that is moist. In other to help achieve these you can use a starchy rice with coconut milk or sticky rice with cheese.
The vegetarian rice balls recipe is exceptionally sweet with lots of spicy fillings, I suggest you consider giving these recipe a trial and your entire family will definitely love it.
How to Make Rice Balls with Meat Fillings
- 4 cups of white rice (Cooked or leftover rice) with 2 eggs yolk
- 1 cup ground beef
- 2 teaspoons of Veg oil
- 3-4 fresh tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 small size onion finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- Salt to taste and Ground pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
Recipe for Coating
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs
- Enough Vegetable oil for deep frying
- First of all, in a deep bowl pour in the rice and the egg yolk then mix properly and set aside in the fridge. Next in a deep skillet pan, reheat oil and stir in the ground beef, allow cooking until color changes.
- Secondly, stir in the garlic and onion and stir fry for like 2-3 minutes, thereafter, add in the fresh tomatoes and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Thirdly, season with pepper and salt, cook for another 2 minutes, and remove from heat.
- Fourthly, in a 2 separate flat plate pour in the breadcrumbs and the flour; while in a deep small bowl whisk the eggs.
- Ensure there is a bowl of water by the side because the process of stuffing the balls and molding can be very sticky on your hands.
- Next is to start molding the balls then, scoop in ½ teaspoon meat in the middle of the rice and mold properly to form balls. Coat with flour, deep into the whisked eggs, and roll into the breadcrumbs to coat evenly before transferring to a paper-lined pan.
- Continue with the process until all cooked rice is exhausted.
- Finally, preheat your vegetable oil and fry till it turns golden brown, then remove from oil into a sieve to drain. In case you don’t want to fry then it can be baked.
Serve and enjoy immediately!