The salsa sauce recipe is a spicy sauce cooked with tomatoes, hot peppers, onions and served with tortilla chips or pasta, is a popular Mexican food also called salsa Fresca cuisine.
Moreover, in Nigeria, the finely sliced fresh tomato salsa recipe is known as tomato sauce used in eating different kind of food like fried yam and tomato sauce, boiled yam tomato sauce, fried plantain with tomato sauce to mention but a few.
Fresh homemade salsa and can easily be combined with other meals to improve their taste.
Basically, it difficult to give an exact recipe for salsa since each method used tends to give a unique taste. However, the quality of tomatoes to be used is very important when making salsa sauce recipe.
In Nigeria, salsa recipe is best enjoyed during the season of tomatoes, where you can easily get fresh pulp deep red sweet tomatoes with flesh and fewer seeds all around your vicinity.
Meanwhile, don’t get intimidated with the name salsa, is an easy recipe you can cook, it only required little time with no hard work only in stir-frying.
How to make Salsa Sauce Recipe – Fresh Tomato Sauce
- 3 cups fresh tomatoes ripped
- 2 medium-size green bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 seasoning cubes
- ½ cup chili pepper (mix hot & mild)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (chopped) optional
- First and foremost, wash the tomatoes, green bell pepper, onion, and garlic, after that, roughly chop and set aside or place in a blender and blend not completely smooth I prefer rough blending.
- Secondly, in a pot heat up the olive oil, pour in the garlic stir fry, then add in the tomato mixture, simmer on low heat without covering, keep stirring every now and then until the liquid dry and slightly thick.
- Finally, ensure you stir often so that it doesn’t stick on the bottom; add seasoning, salt, and parsley (optional), remove from heat allow sitting for 10 minutes before dishing out.
It can be freeze or canned, in freezing use a Ziploc bag
Serve and enjoy with fried Yam!