Sweet potato salad recipe is very delicious and colorful, it is loaded with flavor! A quick homemade mayo dressing toss in sweet potato, carrots, bell pepper, sweet corn and spring onion.
This is a simple homemade sweet potato salad recipe that everyone will love; the dish will completely captivate your taste buds, it’s a perfect Vegan recipe.
This creamy salad is made just in time, making it the perfect side dish for barbecues. However, all I can say about the old-fashioned potato salad is that it stands out among all other salad recipe.
Moreover, sweet potatoes are vegetables rich in nutrients. These include fiber, vitamin A and vitamin C. They are rich in antioxidants, and this antioxidants help guide our body from free radicals. Sweet potato in salad is actually healthy
You can adjust it to suit what you have on ground just like I added some sweet corn, cucumber, and red bell pepper and dress with mayo. Although some prefers avocado dressing or no mayo dressing and bacon for a complete potato salad Vegan recipe the choice is yours.
How to Make Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
- 4 medium size sweet potatoes
- 1 Red Bell pepper
- 1 large cucumber
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 medium-size carrots
- 1/2 cup spring onion
- 2 boiled eggs (optional)
- Mayonnaise cream for dressing
- First of all wash and dice your potatoes into cubes, thereafter, scrap the carrots and chop, the set aside. Also wash and slice the spring onions, bell pepper, and cucumber.
- Secondly, in a clean pot, bring to boil enough quantity of water needed to cook the sweet potatoes; pour in the potatoes into the boiling water and cook to tender. Remove from heat and drain the water.
- Thirdly, in a large deep bowl, pour in the boiled sweet potatoes, carrots, cucumber, spring onion, red bell pepper, black pepper, mayo, and pinch of salt.
- Finally, gently stir all ingredients together to mix properly, at this point your tasty and delicious potato salad is ready; and then transfer it to the refrigerator.
Serve cold either as a side dish or alone with chicken and enjoy!
Subscribe to my blog for more recipes