Wheat meal is a delicacy prepared in form of swallow in Nigeria recipe. As a full meal, it’s generally served with a wonderful Nigerian soup. It has a lot of natural fiber, which helps control blood sugar levels and assists weight reduction by keeping you full for a long time.
Wheat swallow is known for its low calorie content and low Glycemic Index, making it ideal for weight reduction and blood sugar management. Wheat indeed is the preferred swallow for a diabetic person. Truthfully, Wheat swallow is a tasty and nutritious food that looks great too.
Frequently asked questions: Is wheat swallow healthy? What are the advantages of wheat swallow, and is it effective for weight loss?
What is wheat?
Wheat flour is produced from whole wheat grains and is brown in color. After maize and rice, it is the third most extensively produced cereal. Potassium, protein, magnesium, and iron are all abundant in it.
Wheat swallow is a light brown swallow produced from whole wheat grains. Wheat is a high-protein, high-fiber grain. It helps to cleanse the intestines and promotes digestion.
Wheat is a popular cereal that may be found in virtually every dish we eat:
These nutritious grains are a vital element of virtually any meal, from fufu (swallow), pasta, flatbread, crackers, and bread to cakes and pastries.
Wheat is the world’s most significant grain crop at the present; it feeds more people than any other grain, and its health advantages vary depending on how it is consumed.
However, Wheat unlike many other grains such as oats, maize, millet, and sorghum, is not commonly used as animal feed, but rather as human food. Wheat food is always reasonably priced.
Wheat Meal Recipe Nutritional Value
The following are the nutritional values for one wheat swallow wrap (100 grams):
- 340 calories
- 11% Water
- 13.2 grams of protein
- Carbohydrates: 72 g
- 0.4 gram sugar
- 10.7 grams of fiber
- 2.5 grams of fat
Wheat swallow is high in folate, selenium, copper, manganese, and phosphorus, as well as other nutrients.
Health Benefits of Wheat Meal Swallow
- Body metabolism is improved
- Obesity is controlled
- Type 2 diabetes is prevented
- Prevents heart attack
- Rich in Antioxidants, and aids in the removal of harmful free radicals.
- Boosts the production of blood and helps to prevent anemia.
- Wheat swallow is Keto compliant
- Promotes bowel movement and relieves constipation
- Ovulation booster, Promotes women’s health
- It helps relieve postmenopausal symptoms
How to Make Wheat Flour from Scratch in Nigeria – Wheat Fufu Flour
- First and foremost, clean the wheat grains of any debris or dust.
- Secondly, take the wheat grains for milling. After grinding it extremely smoothly using a wheat meal grinder.
- Thirdly, store the flour/powder in an airtight container and only scoop out the amount you need for each cooking.
- Finally, perfectly made homemade Wheat flour normally lasts long in airtight containers and also gives you the best wheat swallows.
Wheat Swallow Recipe – Wheat Flour Alternatives
Making wheat flour meal will be easier if you can prepare Amala food, Oatmeal fufu, Plantain flour swallow, Lafun, Yam poundo flour (Pounded Yam), millet swallows and Tuwo. These are some of the most common bolus foods served with Nigerian soups.
Moreover, these bolus meals are sold as flour/powder that is very easy to prepare after the flour is prepared.
Sometimes, when I run out of wheat flour, I alternate with other flour for swallow.
Click Here To Watch The Video Now!
How to Make Wheat Meal Swallow – Wheat Fufu Recipe
Requirements: This is a one-serving recipe.
- 2 cups Whole Wheat flour
- 1cup Water
Shorter and Faster Method for Wheat Meal Swallow
- To begin, bring a small saucepan of water to a boil, then add the wheat flour.
- Then, using a wooden spatula/turning stick, mix in the wheat flour (in one direction either clockwise or anticlockwise so as to avoid lumps). Carry on in this manner until it becomes difficult.
- After that, cover the wheat in the saucepan with a little boiling water. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, or until the water has evaporated.
- Give it a fast and continuous turning for form swallow morsel.
Finally, scoop it out and mold it into any shape you like.
This is how to prepare your simple wheat swallows or dumplings.
Serve and enjoy with a delicious Nigerian soup
Longer Method for Wheat Meal Swallow (Using Same Ingredients)
- To begin, combine a little amount of wheat flour with regular water, stir thoroughly, and set the watery mixture on the stovetop.
- Second, bring it to a full boil before gradually adding wheat flour while stirring, stopping when you reach the required consistency.
- Finally, pour a little amount of boiling water over the wheat in the saucepan, cover, and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the water has evaporated.
- Return the fufu constantly to form swallow, Turn again and mold into the desired shape.
Allow for a few minutes of resting time before serving, then serve with your favorite Nigerian soup.