Who doesn’t like baked BBQ chicken that is tasty and delicious? Especially when perfectly spiced with flavorful ingredients and sauce that sticks to the chicken, well I love it.
Spicy oven-baked chicken barbecue is a dish that goes for all-weather and perfect for lunch, dinner, and picnic hang out, parties, and occasion.
Homemade barbecue chicken is very easy to make with an oven and also reduces the stress of standing outside to smoke fire trying to roast your chicken barbecue. Moreover, this one-pan easy and quick meal is what your family will like; so, why not try out this recipe and you can never go wrong with it. Simply follow the step by step guide in this article and give yourself a treat at home.
Best Chicken Cut to Use for the BBQ Chicken?
The best cut for bbq chicken starts with one, skin-on chicken, chicken with bone-in. This is followed by making use of any parts of the chicken you can lay hand on such as;
- Chicken breast
- Chicken wings
- Chicken thighs
In other words, they all make a good bbq chicken when baked. Cooking with chicken skin-on helps to retain the glaze and absorb the sauce without drying out completely.
What is the Cooking Time for Baked BBQ Chicken?
Cooking time for baked bbq chicken may slightly diff depending on the size of the chicken and how thick they are. In the same vein, the chicken should be cooked at a temperature of 180 C/ 350 F internal temperature; this might take about 60 minutes for it to cook through properly.
Ensure the chicken is well marinated with the bbq sauce and flip to cook on both sides.
What Goes Well with Baked BBQ Chicken
BBq chicken perfectly baked can be served as a side dish or healthy alternatives for those on weight loss program.
It can be served with verities of delicacies or be eating alone with drink.
- Cabbage Salad or Coleslaw
- Potato chips or French fries
- Spicy Jollof rice
- Moi –Moi and chicken
Sweet dishes are meant to be enjoyed at all time.
How to Make Baked BBQ Chicken Recipe
- 8-10 chicken drumsticks and thighs (skin-on, bone-in)
- 2 cups bbq sauce
- ½ tsp salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
Method of Preparation
- First of all, in a deep bowl, mix your barbecue sauce, pepper, onion powder, oil, and salt to taste; with little quantity of water like ½ cup then combine properly.
- Secondly, get a different bowl and reserve some of the mixtures for later use. Mix the chicken thoroughly with ingredients, cover, and transfer to the fridge then allow marinating overnight or for the next 2 hours.
- Thirdly, preheat the oven at 200 C. After that, place the chicken on the baking pan and bake for 30 minutes; flip to the other side and equally bake for another 30 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Finally, switch oven to broiler remove the chicken from oven and use the remaining bbq sauce reserved to brush your chicken both sides; transfer back to the oven and broil for 5 minutes to thicken and attain a crispy skin.
Remove from oven and serve your crispy oven-baked BBQ chicken.
Serve and enjoy!