Banana oat pancakes recipe is a food you will always crave for once tasted, it entirely gluten-free and is made from blended oats, they are tender and fluffy very delicious as well.
Moreover, banana and oat pancakes are quite filling and thereby reduce craving minutes after eaten, coupled with the beautiful toppings (side dish) is just the perfect breakfast you will love.
Today I am in a mood for a no-fuss breakfast; banana oatmeal pancakes are heart-healthy food which replaces normal flour with rich fiber oats, get your day started with this yummy meal.
However, banana oat pancakes recipe is rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, protein, antioxidants, and potassium, what a great substitute to your regular pancakes.
Basically, homemade banana pancakes with oats which are also known as banana pancakes vegan is very simple and easy to make especially when you’re thinking of what to prepare for breakfast.
In Nigeria, the most common type of pancakes you see is the usual flour pancakes, but recently, people have started embracing other pancake recipes such as oat pancakes, wheat pancakes, and plantain pancakes.
How to make Banana Oat Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 medium-size ripe banana
- 1 cup of milk (coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Butter or vegetable oil for frying
Method of preparation
- In a blender, pour in the oats, banana, baking powder, milk, egg, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt, cover and blend to smooth.
- Secondly, use a spoon and stir the batter, if it’s too thick add little more milk and blend, after that, pour in the batter mixture into a bowl and allow sitting for 2-5 minutes.
- Thirdly, lightly grease your frying pan with butter or vegetable oil and place on the oven to heat.
- As the pan is hot, scoop in the oat mixture into the pan and allow cooking for 2 minutes, gently flip the oatmeal pancake to the other side to cook until golden brown.
- Remove from frying pan into a paper towel to drain oil, set aside and continue scooping in batter mixture fry until all are exhausted.
Serve with toppings of fried egg with sausage, and then sliced avocado pear and fresh banana as side dish.
Serve and enjoy!!!