Healthy whole wheat pancakes recipe is just another interesting option when trying to cut down carbs and eat a healthy diet at the same time, it’s delicious and has a fluffy texture.
Whole wheat pancakes are purely 100% whole grain grounded into a powdered form, to make this savory healthy breakfast and brunch.
This wheat pancake is rich in fiber, this help keeps you full and satisfy all day long thereby reduce craving. In Nigeria, wheat flour pancakes are not usually common when compared to the normal plain flour pancakes.
Homemade wheat flour pancakes are so easy and simple to make at home, try out this recipe and give the family something different from the regular pancakes they are so familiar with and they will definitely love it.
Basically, you can actually make this healthy whole wheat pancakes no baking powder will be required and it still taste delicious, fluffy and light.
Good diabetic food whole wheat pancakes
Wheat pancakes especially whole wheat is a tasty grain usually recommended for people with diabetes to be included in their meal plan in other to achieve a healthy and stable sugar level.
However, there is this notion that wheat is meant for only people with diabetic condition, but that is not true, wheat are grains every individual need because it a good source of nutrients such as B vitamins (folate, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin) fiber, it also contains minerals (magnesium, iron, and selenium).
Meanwhile, the dietary fiber in grains helps reduce blood cholesterol levels, reduce the risk of heart disease, in other words, it’s a healthy diet for all.
How to make Healthy Whole Wheat pancakes
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Honey (Dates or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- ½ cup milk
- Vegetable oil or butter for frying
Topping for Dressing
- Fried egg with carrot and green bean
Method of preparation
- The first steps in a bowl, pour in the milk, honey, eggs, and melted butter and whisk properly.
- Secondly, stir in the whole wheat flour and mix together to form a batter, there might still be little lumps on the mixtures don’t worry about that so you don’t overwork the batter. If the consistency is too thick add little water.
- Thirdly, cover the batter mixture for about 5-10 minute and allow sitting before frying.
- Time to cook your pancakes, preheat the frying pan, grease with oil or butter and pour in the batter wheat mixture and allow frying for few minutes then turn to the other side and fry until golden brown,
- Finally, remove from heat into a sieve with paper towel place on the surface, after that, continue the process until batter is exhausted.
Serve and enjoy a delicious wheat pancakes!