Muesli and yogurt recipe is delicious and nutritious as well, a perfect breakfast cereal that can also be taken for lunch, in between meals especially when you’re hungry or for dinner.
People May Ask What is Muesli?
Muesli is a mixture of oats with whole grains and other varieties of ingredients such as dried fruits, nuts, seeds, and fresh fruits.
Muesli cereal can be soaked in milk, juice, or water to soften before eaten sometimes muesli is soaked overnight, muesli with yogurt is another way of enjoying this food.
Moreover, this recipe is discovered by Maximilian Bircher-Benner a Swiss Physician for his patients in the hospital, it a popular breakfast on the go food in Switzerland, Australia, and Germany.
In Nigeria, basic muesli recipe is not as common as Quaker oat or Granola recipe, rather healthy muesli cereal is mainly found among those who make parfait in Nigeria with yogurt basically for weight loss.
However, there is already-made dry muesli well packaged in the market, on the other hand, you can easily prepare from scratch at home.
Health Benefits of Muesli
- Whole grains and oats are rich sources of fiber, similarly, fiber aids good bowel movement and prevents constipation, and Healthy muesli meal is classified as energy-giving food.
- The fruits in muesli are rich in antioxidants, vitamins A, C, and E which improves eye vision helps the lungs, kidneys, and promotes a healthy heart.
- The nuts combined with dried fruits also provide the body with calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and selenium which is essential for stronger bones.
- The almond nuts, cashew nuts, peanuts, or walnuts in muesli are high in omega-3 fatty acids which protect and prevent any heart-related disease; it is also good for smooth skin.
- It helps lower blood sugar in diabetes, a perfect meal that doesn’t spike up sugar level after eating.
- It’s a cholesterol-free diet, muesli mix with almond milk vegan diet healthy for optimal body function.
Muesli Vs Granola
The major difference in muesli and granola is unbaked muesli, though they are similar in nature since they contain almost the same ingredients of whole grains, dried fruits, nuts, seeds, and fresh fruits, granola is baked with additional sweetener and oil to help all ingredients stick together while muesli is unbaked, all ingredients are mixed together in its raw form.
It is usually soaked in milk either hot or cold when served, lots of weight watcher love having it for breakfast, making highly acceptable weight-loss food/ cereal.
Most importantly muesli has low calories and low fat when compared with granola that requires extra oil and sweetener for baking.
Healthy Muesli Brands
There are several muesli brands in the market depending on what exactly you are looking out for when shopping for muesli
- Mueslix 15.3 Ounce Boxes by Kellogg’s
- Seitenbacher Muesli #2 Berries Temptation European Raspberries
- Swiss Crunch Muesli by Familia
- Morning Zen Gluten Free Muesli by Evoke
- Swissli Muesli 35% Fruits & Nuts
- Old Ctry Style Muesli by Bob’s Red Mill
- Alpen Muesli
How to make Muesli and Yogurt recipe
Ingredients for Muesli and Yogurt
- ½ cup of Already package Muesli
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (Almond milk or juice)
- 1 ripe banana
- First of all, in a clean bowl, pour in the ½ cup of muesli of any brand bought from the store
- Secondly, add the almond milk stir and allow soaking for some minutes
- Thirdly, slice the ripe banana into the soaked muesli
Serve and enjoy yogurt and muesli!