Healthy Turkey Meatballs Recipe are tasty, full of flavor, and extremely moist on the inside. A mixture of fresh and dried spices gives these meatballs an Italian style while supplying a blend of flavors.
However, a homemade turkey recipe is very easy to make, while any leftover can easily be freeze and reheat fast when you want to use the frozen meatballs.
Juicy and tasty all-purpose turkey meatballs in sauce or meatballs with gravy are healthy! Obviously it always good to go for a great dish like a healthy turkey meatballs recipe with breadcrumbs or even without breadcrumbs; add some Italian spices mixed with ground turkey and cooked until tender and juicy.
It’s a recipe that can either be baked, fried, or stirs into a tomato sauce to cook as it mixes with the tomatoes. It can be cooked in large quantity for your occasion and events and serve with spaghetti for the crowd generally, this combination is perfect for lunch or dinner.
How to keep the meatballs from falling apart?
Eggs literally serve as a binder when it comes to meatballs. One egg is the right quantity for every pound of beef.
Benefits of Eating Turkey
Turkey is a protein powerhouse that’s underestimated. Lean turkey is a nutritious boost that contains a high amount of protein, low fat, vitamins, and minerals. Also contain potassium, iron, vitamin B6, zinc, phosphorus, and niacin, which are important for the proper functioning of the body and energy production.
How long do you cook turkey meatballs?
The duration depends on the size of the meatball and the method of cooking. Bear in mind that turkey is poultry. Cook to doneness until an instant-read thermometer has an inner temperature of 165 degrees.
The Best method to get equal portions of Meatballs?
A small ice cream scoop is the best way to use it. This not only offers you the same part but also creates the round shape you like. If you want to calculate your kitchen scoop and position it even more precisely. For each meatball, you are looking for a measurement of 1 1⁄2 ounce.
How to Make Healthy Turkey Meatballs Recipe
- 1 kg/Ib ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 small-size onion (finely dice)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup veg oil for frying
For The Tomato Sauce
- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 onion, peeled and slice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup tomato purée
- ½ tsp curry & thyme
- Seasoning cube and salt
- First of all, in a deep bowl, place the turkey and add all ingredients into the bowl and then mix to combine properly.
- Secondly, deep your hands into a bowl of water then roll the meatball mixtures to form a round shape. Thereafter, place in a plate a cover and allow marinating in the fridge for like 45 minutes or more.
- Thirdly, in a frying pan bring oil to heat, stir in the meatballs and fry to golden brown on both sides.
- Meanwhile, to finish up with the tomato sauce, place a skillet pan on the stovetop to heat, pour in oil and allow heating. Stir in the sliced onion, stir fry and add garlic, then the tomatoes; fry with a continuous stir until the stew no longer taste sour.
- Finally, add your spices, seasoning cube, salt and the fried meatballs with little quantity of broth or water, stir and allow cooking for about 5-7 minutes.
Lastly, remove from heat ready to serve Italian turkey meatballs recipe.
Serve and enjoy!