BBQ chicken drumsticks recipe is an exciting meal that can be enjoyed any time of the day either while watching movies, catching up with friends or just throwing a huge party.
Barbecue chicken legs are just the perfect meal that can be either festive or casual, meanwhile, the skin of the chicken is actually not healthy for you so, it’s advisable to pick out the skin and have the sumptuous goodness that comes from a bite of skinless barbecue chicken recipe.
In Nigeria, open grill bbq chicken is a must found in top events and occasions, weddings, and parties, the popular charcoal grill will be set aside while the team in charge are busy roasting barbecue chicken.
However, homemade bbq chicken is very easy to make, simply marinate a few hours before baking/grilling the chicken laps.
How to make BBQ Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
- 8 pieces of chicken drumsticks (chicken laps)
- 1 cup of barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
Method of making Barbecue Chicken
- First and foremost, wash and clean up the chicken laps thoroughly, after that, place in a deep bowl, mix your bbq sauce, thyme, onion powder, black pepper powder, seasoning cubes, and salt together.
- Secondly, massage the spicy ingredients with the drumsticks chicken, mix properly and cover with aluminum foil or plastic zip bag and refrigerate overnight to marinate for 2 hours before baking.
- The reason why is advisable to marinate is simple, the chicken will absorb all the spices as it penetrates into the chicken and makes it taste delicious and better.
- When is time to cook, preheat the oven at 180 C, cover your baking tray with aluminum foil, and then gently place the already marinated chicken on the tray to be baked
- Finally, place the tray into the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes and keep turning the chicken from time to time until brown and well cooked.
Barbecue chicken can be enjoyed as a side dish with other food or as a whole meal with a glass of cold drink.
Serve and enjoy!
Check out other Chicken Recipe