Cabbage juice basically is a fresh juice squeezed out of Cabbage vegetables which are among the genus Brassica family that comprises of cauliflower, broccoli, and kale. Cabbage is a household name in Nigeria but most people don’t know it can always be juice, why wait go on and juice your cabbage.
Raw cabbage juice is the best thing that can happen to your body because of its super-pack nutrients and great health benefits. This juice is best taken on an empty stomach since it absorbed all the vital nutrients straight into the system very fast.
Cabbage drink diet is equally high in antioxidant, vitamin and minerals with little quantity of micronutrients, like Iron, vitamin A, and phytonutrients it also has low calories content.
Health benefits of cabbage juice
- Controls Ulcers; Cabbage juice helps to control ulcers. As a result of the glutamine content in the juice, it protects the mucosal tissue of the stomach thereby relieving ulcer pains. This juice helps stabilize the acidic level in the stomach.
- Powerful Antioxidant; this juice is rich in antioxidant which protects the body from free radical that causes damage to the cells, Base on the fact that this juice is not common it equally a good liver detoxifier. Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable that has anti-cancer properties; it is a great immune booster as a result of all the vitamins and minerals it contains.
- Aids Weight Loss and Digestion; the low calories in cabbage juice is perfect for weight loss seekers and obesity it goes as far as removing waste from the upper part of the intestines. It makes you full; reduces craving and bloating in the stomach. Furthermore, proper food digestion is been observed with a sound bowel movement.
- Healthy Heart; Cabbage juice is good for block arteries which certainly reduces the risk of heart disease, the flavonoids present in this juice decreases the risk of heart disease. Diet more on this vegetable for an excellent cardiovascular and cerebrovascular protection. Consuming this juice regularly helps lower bad LDL cholesterol levels and prevents all form of heart diseases.
- Cabbage vitamin K; vitamin K is extremely important in the body, for blood clotting, without vitamin K in the body the blood will not clot which results in excess bleeding.
- Lower Blood pressure; the potassium in this juice helps to regulate high blood pressure, potassium relaxes walls of the blood vessel by increasing the rate at which sodium is being discharged through urine.
Recipes for cabbage drink
1 medium size cabbage
½ cup water
2 slices of ginger (optional)
How to make cabbage juice
Wash your cabbage on a running water, remover the first two layers and slice into pieces.
Wash your apple and chop into cubes
Add all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth, moreover is best to drink immediately.
Serve and enjoy!!