Zobo drink is a tasty and nutritious Nigerian juice made from a Hibiscus flower plant which is also known as a sorrel drink, zobo drink is also medicinal and has various health benefits attached to it. Zobo drink is 100% natural and has little or no artificial sweetener added when preparing it. While making this drink, flesh flavor is usually the best because it gives you a sweet delicious taste.
Zobo drink (Hibiscus tea) is all-season drinks that can be enjoyed either cold or hot depending on the weather with a great taste.
Health benefits of Zobo drink (Hibiscus tea)
Reduce blood pressure: First of all this drink helps in the treatment of high blood pressure because of its natural diuretic. Similarly zobo has a sour taste that is good for high blood pressure management.
Lower cholesterol level: Zobo antioxidant content is high which helps in lowering cholesterol level in the human body. Since the cholesterol level is low, the chances of heart disease are equally low. Hibiscus tea consequently lower blood sugar as a result of antioxidant present in the sour tea.
Safeguard the Liver: The antioxidant in Hibiscus tea fight against free radicals in the liver and cells, basically it is a healthy drink for our general well-being.
Improves Digestion: Furthermore this drink aids good bowel movement and reduces constipation which makes life a lot easier.
Ingredients for Zobo drink (Hibiscus tea)
- 1 cups dried Zobo Leaves (Hibiscus )
- 1 large ripe pineapple
- 2 medium size ginger
- 1 medium-size clove garlic
- Artificial flavor (optional)
- Sugar (optional)
Method of preparation
- Wash off the dust in your dry zobo leave, put in a cooking pot.
- Wash the pineapple in running water, peel the back and chop into cubes
- Peel your garlic and ginger before washing, also slice into pieces.
- Add enough water and the pineapple into the zobo pot then cook for about 10 minutes then add the ginger and garlic continue to cook for another 5 minutes. At this point, the leave is finally soft and the pineapple dissolves to some extent.
- Remove from fire and allow cooling very well, sieve out the juice with strainer, add artificial flavor and sugar to taste (optional).
Refrigerate or use ice cubes
Serve and enjoy!