We can all say sugarcane juice is one of nature’s finest gifts to us, why? You may ask because the sugarcane stalk you see has so many health and nutritional benefit attributed to it. Sugarcane botanically called (Saccharum officinarum) is a genus of tall grasses grown in warm tropical parts of northern Nigeria. It is clear that sugarcane is used in the production of sugar and the waste is called Bagasse. Bagasse is recycled as biofuel and in the production of building material and pulps.
Sugarcane juice is pack-full with all the glucose the body need for our day-to-day activities. A glass of this juice before work, school or even exercise will go a long way to activation the energy in our body.
Sugarcane is bitten and chewed to drain out the juice from the chaff, while sugarcane juice machine extracts the juice. This juice is high in vitamins and minerals in its raw form, and it prevents oral decay. So get you sugar cane now and start making a healthy living out of it.
Health benefits of sugarcane juice
- This cane juice increases the protein metabolizing of the body and helps in the proper functioning of the kidney. Similarly, it aids good digestive bowl movement.
- it helps in preventing tooth decay and remove bad breath due to its high mineral content. Take a glass of this juice to keep a healthy and shiny tooth with nice breath.
- Sugarcane with the anti-oxidants present in it helps to fight pathogenesis infection and enhance the function of the immune system. It also protects the body against liver disease and keeps the bilirubin in check and prevents jaundice.
- in most cases, it acts as an anti-aging agent; thereby helps to prevent acne, wrinkles, and blemishes. It brings a natural glow to your skin and deeply moisturizes the skin in hot weather; it also chases dehydration away from our body.
- This cane drink helps to alleviate feverish condition mostly in children and infants. This high fever sometimes leads to seizures, it also replaces lost nutrient in the body.
Planting of sugarcane
Sugarcane farming is very popular all over the world it has so many benefits both economically and health-wise.
Planting of sugarcane can be at times confusing; the simple methods are by cutting off either the stem or some sections of the stalk. These are known as the setts, the setts should be planted horizontally into furrows of about 4 inches deep into the ground. Steady water supply is necessary either rainfall or irrigation, it takes between 12 to 16 months to grow before harvesting each year.
Ingredients for Sugar cane drink
- 2 medium size Sugarcane
- ½ glass water
- Ginger (optional)
- Strainer or small white silk cloth
Method of Preparation
Wash the sugarcane in running, peel the hard layer and chop into cubes.
Blend all ingredients together
Use a strainer and sieve our natural sugarcane juice meanwhile if the juice is not sieving out use your small white silk cloth, this enables you to squeeze out the juice very well.
Serve and enjoy.