Chin chin commonly refers to as chop one is most Nigerians favorite snack, is a mixture of flour, baking powder, sugar, butter, eggs, and nutmeg to make a perfect Nigerian snack.
Chin chin is a must have pastry in every home especially during festive period like Christmas celebration, Easter, thanksgiving and the likes.
Meanwhile, enjoying a crunchy or crispy chin chin cannot be complete without nutmeg to spice up your perfect homemade easy snack.
Chin-chin is like mini-cooky in Africa they are yummy and tasty recipe, Cameroonian chin chin is one of its kinds, and the sweet nutmeg aroma perceived when snacking on this Cameroonian chinchin is lovely.
The following simple step by step method can also be used in making chin chin for sale. So relax and learn how to make chin chin for sale and make extract income for yourself.
What is Nutmeg?
Nutmeg is a spice from the seed of the fragrant nutmeg tree (Myristica fragrans). In Nigeria nutmeg is used a lot in making
Chin chin Ingredients
- 3 cups of flour (approx. 375grams + 1 cup extra for sprinkling)
- I teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 cup butter (margarine) 150 grams
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavor (optional)
- Oil needed for frying
Method of Preparation
- First and foremost, mix sugar and milk in a jug or bowl then allow soaking for a while.
- Secondly get a clean dry bowl large enough to contain mixture of all ingredients, sieve your flour into the bowl, add nutmeg, and butter then fondle until smoothness is achieved.
- Thirdly break the eggs and whisk after that add to the flour mixture likewise the milk/ sugar mixture, and vanilla flavor into the flour and mix.
- At this point adequate kneading is required using both hands in other to derive elastic sort of dough.
- Thereafter, rub the dough to smoothen, cover with a towel for about 45 – 60 minutes
- Bring the dough to a flat surface sprinkling bit of flour on the surface, divide the dough mixture in four equal parts before using roller pin to roll all four balls making it flat.
- Use a knife and cut to your desired size and shapes at the same time sprinkle bit of flour in other to prevent sticking together.
- Pour in your vegetable oil into the frying pan then deep fry, stir continuously until color turn golden brown before removing from heat using a sieve to drain the oil.
- Finally continue to repeat the same processes until eventually all dough’s are fried.
- In conclusion allow cooling totally after that store in a plastic container.
Serve and enjoy your chop one with a cold drink, zobo drink or homemade kunu drink.