Beans and pap (Akamu/Ogi) is a delicious food combo that is healthy and provides a unique culinary experience.
Beans are versatile food that can be cooked in a variety of ways beyond their simplicity.
Pap is a popular breakfast food in many Nigerian homes, typically served with porridge Beans, Moi-Moi, Akara (bean cake), fried plantain and the likes.
However, homemade porridge beans and Pap is so simple to make, it can be served as breakfast or dinner.
Beans are a readily available item; just buy the amount you want and clean out the dirt in the beans; this is the most difficult aspect of the cooking because you must carefully pick out the chaff and stone that it holds, since you do not want to put something dangerous into your body.
Benefits – Beans Provide Sufficient Nutrients For Our Body.
Beans are high in iron, a good source of magnesium and potassium
VITAMIN B: This vitamin is important for the health of our brain and nerve cells, as well as the proper function of our skin.
POTASSIUM: This helps to lower blood pressure and prevent strokes.
CALCIUM: This mineral is essential for healthy teeth and bones, as well as keeping the body alkaline slightly.
FIBER: Fiber can help reduce cholesterol and triglycerides, and protein can help keep blood sugar levels steady. Beans have fiber in both the flesh and the skin, but the fiber they contain does not break you down.
How to Cook Porridge Beans and Pap Recipe Perfectly
- 3 cups of Beans
- 2 cooking spoons palm oil
- 2 tablespoons ground Crayfish
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 large Onions
- 2 Seasoning cubes
- 1/2 tsp Onga seasoning
- First and foremost, measure the beans into a bowl then pick the dirt and stones, which most beans have. Wash the beans with clean water pour into a clean pot add water and place on fire, cook till its tender.
- Secondly, add in the palm oil, crayfish, pepper, slice onions, salt, seasoning cubes, and more water to cook.
- Finally, cook until all ingredients is well combined and tender, stir and remove from heat.
- Lastly, dissolve your pap in a deep bowl with little water, as soon as the hot water boils pour it into the pap to thicken.
Serve and enjoy your Akamu and Beans.