Fried Pickles are best served as appetizers, a perfect fun dish you will love. This recipe is made by deep-frying some slices of pickle dipped into a pancake mix batter and coated with breadcrumbs.
However, the Vegan fried pickles recipe is a popular snack commonly found in the food section in most stores in the State. They are usually crunchy crispy and flavorful; if you have not really tasted fried pickles, I suggest you give it a try because you will love it.
You can’t believe how Southern fried pickles recipe is so easy to make and how delicious it tastes! A good dipping Fried pickle sauce paired with this dish makes it a delicious breakfast!
What sauce to serve with fried Pickles?
- Homemade Ranch: these herbs dressing is a mixture of smooth and a creamy blend of goodness.
- Blue Cheese Dressing: tangy and smooth it’s a perfect dressing to go for.
- Avocado Cilantro Ranch: A combination of fresh Avocado and cilantro giving it that greenish sweet color.
Pickles can either be Air fry via Air fryer, bake, or deep fried. If you’re near Buffalo Wild Wings their fried pickles are usually very nice.
How to Make Deep Fried Pickles Recipe
- 2-3 Large dill pickle slices, drained and dried on paper towels
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup water or Buttermilk
- Oil for frying (vegetable or peanut)
- First of all, drain the liquid from the pickles bottle, and then dap with a kitchen towel to dry pickles. Slice to any shape you want for this recipe is round shape. Dry with double layered paper towels.
- Secondly, whisk together flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in deep bowl. In another deep bowl add water or buttermilk, egg, and mix then set aside.
- Thirdly, take one at a time the sliced pickles dip it into flour mix toss to coat; transfer to the egg toss again to coat. Repeat this process for the second time, by taking it back to the flour mix.
- Bring oil to heat in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Finally, fry in the hot oil till golden brown, flip to the other side and fry; continue until all the pickles are fried.
Serve immediately and enjoy dried pickle chips with ranch.