Easy egg breakfast like Fried plantain and egg sauce recipe is a palatable meal of all time and season; it’s a simple and easy dish to cook. Plantain egg sauce is a common breakfast food in most homes.
Nigerian egg sauce with fried plantain is one of my favorite delicacies; moreover, they are naturally sweet food; and a good source of energy needed in the body.
Plantain is classified as starchy fruits and the ripe plantain can as well be eaten raw. In other word, plantain recipe with egg is a healthy combination of carbohydrate and protein. Plantain is rich in vitamin B6; the unripe plantains also refer to as green plantain is high in Vitamin C, A, and K, Magnesium, and potassium.
In Nigeria, plantain are seasonal fruits and could be very expensive when is out of season. So enjoy this fruit by making different types of easy egg breakfast delicacies such as; plantain omelette, Plantain and egg sandwich, plantain egg frittata, or fried plantain pizza.
How to Make Nigerian Fried Plantain and Egg Sauce Recipe
- 2 ripe plantains
- 4 fresh tomatoes
- 3 eggs
- 4 scotch bonnet peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 1 Seasoning cube
- Vegetable oil for frying
- salt to taste
Method of Preparing Easy Egg Breakfast
- First of all, wash your plantains in other to remove any dirt or sand from the skin. Thereafter, peel the back and slice into choice shape and size.
- Secondly, wash the tomatoes, onions, and pepper; then finely slice your tomatoes, pepper, and onions in a plate, keep aside for later use.
- Thirdly, heat your vegetable oil in a frying pan, sprinkle salt in the slice plantain, toss repeatedly to mix. Stir in the plantain into the hot oil and fry until color turns golden brown, remove from heat transfer into a sieve allow the oil to drain.
- Finally, reduce the quantity of oil in the frying pan, heat again and stir in the slice onions; stir fry for like 30 seconds before sliced adding the tomatoes and pepper. fry for about 3-5 minutes, add the seasoning cube salt to taste, whisk the eggs and pour into the frying pan.
- Stir to mix properly with the tomato stew for 2 minutes, and lastly remove from heat, so your easy egg breakfast is ready.
Serve your delicious yummy fried plantain with egg sauce.